• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Inflatable Surfboard

jcyamaharider

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
It would be fun even if you had to hold into a rope.

tabbibus

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
oh my. must. resist. the. urge.

Also, Matt, if you are browsing boards, does that mean you have a boat lined up?

MattFX4

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
@tabbibus Not yet. I was browsing Costco's site for tv deals, and clicked on outdoor items and came across the board. I'm waiting for the fall or winter to see if I can run across a good deal on a boat.

Jameson Clark

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Ok, really hoping someone has some experience with this. Looks like a cheap way to decide if surfing is for me before dropping a bunch of money on it.

jcyamaharider

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Ok, really hoping someone has some experience with this. Looks like a cheap way to decide if surfing is for me before dropping a bunch of money on it.
I wouldn't base the surfing experience off of this. It is way different. This is just a fun toy to play on the wake with. It will not provide the full effect of what it is like to surf on a real board.

Jameson Clark

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I wouldn't base the surfing experience off of this. It is way different. This is just a fun toy to play on the wake with. It will not provide the full effect of what it is like to surf on a real board.
Yeah, I am by no means saying it is the same. But, for someone like myself who only skis and wakeboards, it should give a good idea of what it is like right?

jcyamaharider

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
If you are not looking to go ropeless and just want to have fun, by all means this will fit the bill. Once you get addicted you will want a real board

Jameson Clark

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Yeah, I am just looking for an inexpensive way to decide if it's for me. Don't mind dumping some money on it...IF I know I am gonna enjoy it.

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@tabbibus Not yet. I was browsing Costco's site for tv deals, and clicked on outdoor items and came across the board. I'm waiting for the fall or winter to see if I can run across a good deal on a boat.
Matt, I hate to do this but @justason is selling a very nice 212...........

seanmclean

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Man, this is tempting just to try it out as a proof of concept, without any illusion of being able to go ropeless. Guess I'd just need to add a wakesurf rope.

Rustynuts

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I just ordered one to try, looks like with the flotation it might be good for kids. If anything the grandkids will like playing on it.

Last edited:

MattFX4

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Cool video. I guess you can go ropeless if behind a Centurion.

J-RAD

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I just ordered one to try, looks like with the flotation it might be good for kids. If anything the grandkids will like playing on it.

Interesting... he looked like he might have been putting a little effort into keeping on the wake...? I don't see it having any edge control in comparison to a true wakesurfer, but I'm sure it's a hoot so why not?