• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Installed Lateral Thrusters and Thrust Vectors on my 2018 242

Shookie

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I have to say I was a bit skeptical about these..... The videos at JBP made sense and I read some good reviews so I took advantage of the Memorial Day sale and bought both. Installed them Friday and was out on the lake yesterday. I have to say, what an amazing difference. The low speed steering was much better and I loved how easy it was to swing the stern of the boat into a dock. Easy to learn and just so much more maneuverable than the stock setup on these. Really really happy with that purchase!!!

IMG_9175.JPGIMG_9228.JPG

malibu Dan

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Great job. Definitely next on my list is the lateral thrusters as I deal with strong river currents here when launching/landing...

Av8tor07

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Does anyone know if these will fit with cobra fins?

AZ Native

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Does anyone know if these will fit with cobra fins?
I understand Lateral Thrsters do work with Cobra Fins. Search box will tell you more.

Shookie

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Great job. Definitely next on my list is the lateral thrusters as I deal with strong river currents here when launching/landing...
For sure it will give you a lot more control. The concept makes sense but hearing that you only get 1/3 to 1/6 thrust through the thruster, I was skeptical about how well it would move a 5-6,000 pound boat in the water. I never went above 3,000 RPM using the thruster and it really had no issue moving it at a decent rate. I spun a 360 and it was tight to the center..... Again, really happy with the purchase.

Best of all, the boss (wife) approved! :)