• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Installed second bilge pump with float switch today

eticket

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
@swatski, likewise I really enjoy your posts, you are very adventurous with your mods and you have serious skills!

Thanks for your detailed bilge mod details and views on the subject. I am going from a wet slip with power to dry rack valet service so I had to change out the stock pump to avoid battery drain. I might as well add the backup pump at the same time. I've studied all of the forum posts and read way too many Amazon reviews for pumps and switches (you can go crazy stressing about the negative posts). I ended up ordering a Rule 800 GPH manual pump and a Water Witch switch to replace the original pump and a Johnson automatic 800 GPH backup pump.

I like the idea that the Water Witch has no moving parts, is small and has decent ratings on Amazon. The Johnson automatic pumps also have decent ratings and are basically the same pump you chose but from a different manufacturer.

I have yet to decide on the location of the backup pump but I like the idea of being lower in the hull as I believe is the case in the most aft compartment. I will make that call when I have the parts in hand and can play around with fit options.

I plan to wire the Rule pump so that it is automatic, directly connected with a fuse to a battery yet can be driven manually with the exsting console switch and the backup as you did directly to a battery.

Pics to follow in about 2 weeks once I get the parts and can get to it. This weekend is all about fun, headed out for a boys trip for some golf and poker!

Murf'n'surf

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@David Decker,what float switch is that you used for the second pump? I am buying parts for my install and the reviews for the Rule switches are not good.
You'll find nothing but Rule in my boats....never had issues other than your tyipical lifespan failures. Don't hold those Amazon reviews with much weight as most raters are weekend warriors and can't follow instructions, therefore, the product doesn't work properly.

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length