• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Installing Lucky 13 Cone, Need assistance

S1LV3R4D0

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
Hey Guys. I’m attempting to install the lucky 13 cone on my 19 ar195. The cone doesn’t have a T for top like all the threads and pics I’ve read. I can see that its angled a bit. Just don’t want to jack this up on second day of yamaha ownership. Also the grease was very lightly applied in the stock cone. Is that enough? Should i add more yamalube? I have everything ripped apart and at a standstill.

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
The base is angled, this means the narrow side of the cone base sits on the top side of the hub. This way the tip of the cone will point into the center of the venturi nozzle after install.
The base is angled, this means the narrow side of the cone base sits on the top side of the hub. This way the tip of the cone will point into the center of the venturi nozzle after install.

S1LV3R4D0

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
@swatski to the rescue as always man. How much grease is too much in the cone? The bearing barely had any and the stock cone was pretty empty

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@swatski to the rescue as always man. How much grease is too much in the cone? The bearing barely had any and the stock cone was pretty empty
I never knew the exact amount but as much as you can pack in there, and then still get the cone base on.
Just don;t forget to swap the o-ring.

--

dshscarab

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
If I am not too late. Look carefully. I thought the the marking was missing on mine but after looking very carefully at it all the way around, I found the "Top" marking slightly in a different spot then the other pictures.

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
If I am not too late. Look carefully. I thought the the marking was missing on mine but after looking very carefully at it all the way around, I found the "Top" marking slightly in a different spot then the other pictures.
If there is a T marking I would follow that. The l13 install I posted in my 190 has been confirmed with Jerry Gaddis upon specific request so am confident the pictures showing cone orientation are correct.

S1LV3R4D0

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
I scoured that thing for an hour with a fine tooth comb trying to find a T. None was to be found. Also as an FYI. You need to take the cone bolt out and rings off to be able to get the bolts back into the mount.

dshscarab

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
Swatski you are correct. I remember now. Mine had the "T" only marking too. It did take me a little to find it as on mine it wasn't very visible or the exact spot where I thought it should be.

Lee18

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I spoke to Jerry at Green Hulk about getting a volume discount for the Lucky 13 Cone (L13). Green Hulk has offered to give a discount for JB.net to anyone that wants to buy them. It is essentially a volume discount that you can buy individually as he feels he will get enough takers.
Here is how it works. Buy it on his site for full price and write in the comments box “$40 discount per Jerry” and he will refund the $40 immediately after the sale goes through. I just bought mine.
If you have a two engine it’s $40 off each.
Lucky 13 Adjustable Pump Cone for Yamaha SHO/HO Skis & Riva Race Pump [L13 YAM] : PWC Performance Parts

S1LV3R4D0

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
Sweet deal. Too bad I just bought one and installed it. #FeelsBadMan