• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Installing new Bow Roller and Shield while on the trailer?

rkluck

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Thanks for the responses.

skbishop90

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
Has anyone found a BLACK bow shield? I dont really want a stainless mirrior finish on an all black boat and hull

jdonalds

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
One of the reasons I bolted my bow roller post instead of welding it is because I can remove it. That allows me to change the bow roller, and to clean and wax the area that is normally inaccessible.

Seadeals

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I have an unused bow shield I got with my keelguard. It does not really cover the area needed with the original 210 rounded bow design. PM me if interested. I guess you could always paint it black.

skbishop90

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
Is it made from stainless steel?

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length

skbishop90

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
Kinda disappointing. I'll just start making one and selling it! **CHUUUCHING**

In a serious note, if I were to obtain a stainless shield, I want to attempt to paint it black. I have a friend that owns a LINE-X shop, That should hold up to that abuse and still be black....I may do that and post the pics.

Englewoodcowboy

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I think you will waste your time with any coating and the bow protector. If you get a Stoltz roller and load using some common sense, you should never be at the point that you need a protector. The only time I had a bow get damaged was when a roller failed that was beyond its life, it had a crack and we simply ignored it and it finally fell off leaving nothing but metal. As far as the 192, I load mine, and the bow touches the roller/stop and that is as far as I go. When I pull up on level ground, the boat is always a few inches off from the roller and I crank it the rest of the way with the winch. This helps to make sure the boat is settled squarely in the bunks and not crooked. It really is a simple and easy boat to load, don't over think it.

skbishop90

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
I, myself, could do just fine with or without it. My wife normally loads the boat on the trailer as she REFUSES to learn how to back a trailer. Majority of the time she does pretty good but sometimes she slams the front and thats why I would rather have it there for insurance. Plus I already have scratches.

Christian Rodriguez

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
Just got mine installed.. Can see the scratches the original left. Installed on the trailer, released the winch and the bow came up leaving enough space to work with

Attachments

Last edited:

gpp7824

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Has anyone found a BLACK bow shield? I dont really want a stainless mirrior finish on an all black boat and hull
You could use some self-adhesive Kevlar sheet and cut it to in the standard shape. This would give you a very dark and durable carbon fiber protector that would not clash like polished steel and even be kinda unique.