• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Installing sirius radio on 2019 AR?

Stalt

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
How do I go about getting the Sirius radio working on the boat?

Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
First you need to make sure you have a sat antenna, not just the radio. It'll be a small puck mounted where it can get a signal that is hooked up via cable to the back of the radio.

Then find the Radio ID by tuning to Channel 0 and reading the display or finding it in the radio's menu function somewhere. But you must have this Radio ID.

Once you have the radio ID, either call them or go online to their website (I recommend this as it's pretty easy) and sign up with the plan you want.

Rushfan67

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Other
Boat Model
222S
Boat Length
I have a 2019 SX190 and rather than installing SiriusXM, I have the SiriusXM App and just play it off my phone through the Bluetooth. Works perfectly.

S1LV3R4D0

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
From everything that i have researched on my 2019 AR195, that clarion radio isn't sirius ready. I had ordered the svx300 kit to connect to it and no go, sent it back. #OutdatedCrap Im not sure if you have the same radio that i do. @Patsfan67 I do that too but in spotty coverage area, the unit was gonna make it nice. Guess its commercial air radio for those times for me.

S1LV3R4D0

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
Ive got that kit in the garage. I wanted something a little more clean. Power via cigarette plug, antenna, unit. Too much. I wanted something to tie into existing setup. :(

biffdotorg

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
If you are like us here in MN, we only have a few months of boating. So I sign up for the $30/6 month plan. And when you call in to cancel it in the fall, they will even pro-rate a credit back to you! I love it. It's so worth not having to tie up my phone and hope to have cell coverage.

On the other hand, there are some great stations that I listen to on the app that are not available on the radio.

I find it funny that new boats don't have the ability, but yet my 2011 model has it.

S1LV3R4D0

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
If you are like us here in MN, we only have a few months of boating. So I sign up for the $30/6 month plan. And when you call in to cancel it in the fall, they will even pro-rate a credit back to you! I love it. It's so worth not having to tie up my phone and hope to have cell coverage.

On the other hand, there are some great stations that I listen to on the app that are not available on the radio.

I find it funny that new boats don't have the ability, but yet my 2011 model has it.
I was seriously not happy when i found that out. And when i searched for the radio, Its discontinued from clarion. Thanks Yamaha. Another outdated thing included on my 38k purchase.

seanmclean

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length

S1LV3R4D0

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length

biffdotorg

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I just pulled up the manual for the 2019 AR195. I found Yamaha used those "puck" head units that are not XM ready. So you can't add an XM tuner, or antenna. I think he figured that out from the separate radio manual included with the documentation. There is no radio documentation included in the owners manual because of it.

Matt Phillips

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
As long as you have good cell coverage where you boat and already have XM elsewhere, try using their app. They just sent out an email this week saying you can now listen to all subscribed stations via the app.

steve0617

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
I was gonna do the same thing for mine @S1LV3R4D0 but I ran into the same issues. Since the boat Sirius was gonna cost me X amount per month anyway, I instead subscribed to Spotify Premium and downloaded everything I would have listened to on Sirius. Then I set the phone to offline and connect to the boat with BT and have no issues. Then at least I can use the Spotify in more places.

Doesn't solve the 'why isn't the 19 AR radio compatible with Sirius?' problem, but it does solve the 'no music with no cell coverage problem.'

S1LV3R4D0

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
I was gonna do the same thing for mine @S1LV3R4D0 but I ran into the same issues. Since the boat Sirius was gonna cost me X amount per month anyway, I instead subscribed to Spotify Premium and downloaded everything I would have listened to on Sirius. Then I set the phone to offline and connect to the boat with BT and have no issues. Then at least I can use the Spotify in more places.

Doesn't solve the 'why isn't the 19 AR radio compatible with Sirius?' problem, but it does solve the 'no music with no cell coverage problem.'
Yeah I just dumped my Spotify for Sirius streaming. About to go back the other way so I can do offline like I used to.

Stalt

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
First you need to make sure you have a sat antenna, not just the radio. It'll be a small puck mounted where it can get a signal that is hooked up via cable to the back of the radio.

Then find the Radio ID by tuning to Channel 0 and reading the display or finding it in the radio's menu function somewhere. But you must have this Radio ID.

Once you have the radio ID, either call them or go online to their website (I recommend this as it's pretty easy) and sign up with the plan you want.
Thanks

thank u

Stalt

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

Thanks for the input

Stalt

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I was seriously not happy when i found that out. And when i searched for the radio, Its discontinued from clarion. Thanks Yamaha. Another outdated thing included on my 38k purchase.
Oh, I know. Just want to stay positive.