• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Interest a Wakesurf Board Group Buy

Which would you like to purchase?

• Coaster 5'3" (only 14 available)

Votes: 11 52.4%
  • Coaster 5'0"

Votes: 5 23.8%
  • Coaster 5'0" XR (only 11 available)

Votes: 2 9.5%
  • Cobra Cat 5'0"

Votes: 1 4.8%
  • Cobra Cat 4'8" (only 18 available

• Gnarwhal 4'10"

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Gnarwhal 4'6"

• Butter Bar 4'8"

• Butter Bar 4'4"

• I'D RATHER BUY A 2020

• Total voters

J-RAD

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Looks like we got stuck at 14 votes, which I'm cool with. Boards land tomorrow, should we kick this thing off tomorrow too?

Forget September I'm calling SURFtember!

J-RAD

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
The group buy is up and going.

If everyone that had answered the poll here were to answer the group buy then the minimum would be met and the discount code would be live.

I did have to modify pricing a bit from that posted earlier in the thread. We didn't get quite the discount expected from Slingshot on the Coasters, but the difference I don't think is much.

All other boards have had their base prices adjusted to be priced at a minimum once the code is issued. Done off there's we'll make a $1 profit on or lose money to move them.

Thanks for your support and interest!

mdchachi

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
Those are great ages to get them started into other sports. If you look at the stats of the voting, I think it overwhelmingly telling that the Slingshot Coaster is the board of choice. All the others are great too, but the prevalence of ther Coasters in the jet boat community has proven its reputation as one of the most versatile and one that give easy success to riders if all sizes on wakes of all sizes.

The 5'0" is probably going to be the more manageable size for the younger riders and fit nicely in the pocket of the wake on your 195. If you have larger riders then the 5'3" is still pretty accommodating but will have a little more surface area to help keep them on the smaller wake.

Let me know if you want more insight on any of the boards or want more info on the Coaster. I'm happy to share.
Can we actually wakeboard on an AR195 without adding ballast or wedges? What's the minimum needed to wakeboard on an AR195? I think RideSteady is a must, right?

J-RAD

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Can we actually wakeboard on an AR195 without adding ballast or wedges? What's the minimum needed to wakeboard on an AR195? I think RideSteady is a must, right?
I'm assuming you mean wakesurf. The answer is, if you're intention it to go ropeless surfing ballast is a nariman party of the equation. You need the displacement in order to create a wave with enough push. @jcyamaharider sells a bag designed to fit your 195 perfectly. The single engine boasts don't have the same issue as the twins with jet wash, with proper ballast, board, and a little skill you should be good to go.

Ridesteady is great for maintaining a set speed for all watersports, which is particularly helpful when wakesurfing. However, it can be done without. I don't hesitate to recommend it though as it is such a universally helpful device to have on board.