• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Interesting Mod

GTBRMC

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I believe @Sotally Tober has a similar mod that is better utlized... Search "stripper pole" here.
You're welcome.

Sotally Tober

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Welcome back @Sotally Tober !! Glad to see ya around!
Thanks! I'm in Bahrain for the next 11 months. Should be done with Sea Duty for the next few years so I will have time to get some boating done! Unfortunately, I will only have one boating trip to Lake Powell during the 2016 season. Will be stationed in San Antonio one year from now and will be tearing up Lake Travis, Texas then =)

Wayloncle

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I had to look up Lake Travis to see where it was.
I've been in San Antonio since July and always go to Canyon Lake, is Travis a bigger party Lake?

Sotally Tober

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I had to look up Lake Travis to see where it was.
I've been in San Antonio since July and always go to Canyon Lake, is Travis a bigger party Lake?
I'm pretty sure it is. No experience in Texas yet. I've been keeping an eye on Canyon Lake and I haven't found anything like this.

Lake-Travis1.jpg cde90c305caf5c01925e9da4c099de7d.jpg lake-travis-devils-cove.jpg lake-travis-devils-cove.jpg untitled.png

Attachments

Wayloncle

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I'm pretty sure it is. No experience in Texas yet. I've been keeping an eye on Canyon Lake and I haven't found anything like this.

View attachment 33015 View attachment 33016 View attachment 33017 View attachment 33017 View attachment 33018
Yeah nope. Nuthin' like that at Canyon!
It has a decent party cove that is tame enough for me to go into with my 3 and 9 year old boys on normal weekends, holiday weekends seem to get more wild of course. I don't attempt to get into the mix if it is crowded at all, I go in there just because it has bluffs on both sides you can jump off of, and is a cool place for the kids to swim....I know that's not what you are looking for:)

ToddW850

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
View attachment 33004 I was watching YouTube videos about Destin Florida and I came across this modification to a yamaha. Very creative!
Hey @Kevin1741 I've seen this guy a few times at Crab Island. Usually in passing or from afar. He hangs around the tight crowds, where as I hang on the outskirts. But about 2 seasons ago he approached me at the boat launch. Said he had to limp back on one engine. I gave him all the options I knew at the time. I've seen him out there since, so I'm sure it was something simple like the safety switch in the hatch or something.

But yes, interesting mod and it seems to get used a lot.

Zarrella

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
[flag]Scottie....Stay safe and thank you for your Naval Service!! [flag]
But we do need you back here posting those awesome pictures!