• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Interesting way to calm a rough ride.

tdonoughue

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Granted, I am on a slow connection and cannot see all of the videos.... but geez that is a lot of money for a pedestal.

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
About 35 years ago I built aluminum pedestal poles that had 2 different diameters so they could slide one inside the other , then I mounted a motorcycle rear shock absorber that had the external adjustable spring on it .
I mounted the shock inside the tubes so the top was connected to the one tube and the bottom to the other, I put a pedestal style seal on the top and a base on the bottom with a custom made foot rest that could rotate around the pole so when driving the boat it was facing forward and when fishing I could rotate the seat and also the foot rest platform. I built 2 of these and the look on peoples faces when they sat on the seat and realized it had a shock absorber built in was priceless.

biffdotorg

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length

biglar155

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
As I get older, I'm realizing that comfort is worth paying for. Not sure I'm ready for that much expense for a seat yet, but I'm getting there.

JDFester

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Our local DNR boat has a version; doesn't look like the same brand, but my kid got a ride and said it was awesome!
IMG_0960.JPG

BigAbe75

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Weren’t there some type of cushion that people were using on Bimini trips? Something to absorb some of the shock.

@robert843

@scot71 Did you find something that worked?

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Keep in mind this is coming from a guy that spent time in R&D in an Aerospace company.......that looks wildly over engineered.

scot71

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Weren’t there some type of cushion that people were using on Bimini trips? Something to absorb some of the shock.

@robert843

@scot71 Did you find something that worked?
The easiest things to do that help are all of the things that I've already told her. I just need her to do them

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

BigAbe75

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
E-Searider bean bag chairs
Thanks!!! I had a feeling you’d know what I was thinking of.

So those go on top of the captain chair or bench? Would that raise you too high? Or, does the bean bag go on the floor only? Probably be more stable, but tough to see out.