• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Intermediate Bearing Leaking Grease 195S

Ozark

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195S
Boat Length
I have a 2021 195S that I purchased new earlier this year. I performed the 10 hour service which included greasing the intermediate bearing. I used my grease pumps owners manual to calculate the number of strokes to not overfill the bearing. Today, I noticed the seal appears to be leaking grease. When I wiped it off, it was mostly the yamalube I added, but another tan grease was on the rag as well. Is the leaking lube a sure sign that the seal is toast? Or should I put the boat back in water to see if its leaking water into the hull? I am still under factory warranty until 2/2022.

Attachments

Acard7

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
1F494365-2F05-46A5-887A-32A09DD52BA6.jpeg
Dang man, I would monitor it for now. When you’re on the water, while the boat is running, open the engine hatch (run your blowers) and look to see if it leaks any water in forward, reverse, & neutral detent. I would plan on maybe getting it to the dealer in the off-season to see what they say, most likely will need replaced at least before next season to be safe.

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other