• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

iPhone acting up????

Murf'n'surf

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
My name is Murf and I'm an iPhone addict. Now that's out of the way....
ever since the 10.3.2 iOS update a couple weeks ago, my iPhone 6s has been laggy. So much so, that I'm thinking of updating. Strangely enough Apple is releasing the newest iPhone this fall. I've always looked the other way when this kind of crap happens around new edition release but now I'm really thinking that Apple renders our older devices useless by software design.

What do you all think? Any similar findings recently?

GiddYupJoe

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
NA
@Murf'n'surf im still on a 6 and am an addict like you. So much that my screen has been shattered for 4 months now and I refuse to fix it until the new one comes out on September.

Now that that is out of the way... I have only noticed minor lag issues. Nothing to horrible though. I have the 128g for reference, not sure if that would change anything.

Good luck and hold in there buddy!

2nazt

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Tidewater
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
My 6s seems to be running alright as well. No real issue just a lag here and there like on a messaging screen won't rotate back or something else like that.

AndyD

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
They absolutely render the older phones useless with updates. I love my apple products but I disagree with this tactic. With the new updates rolling out now they announced they won't be providing any future support or upgrades to the 5 and 5c which aren't all that old of models. My wife just bought a 5 a year ago because they were still selling them as new before the 7 came out but now she won't be getting any new compatible upgrades. Basically forcing her to buy a new one or suffer the consequences of no new upgrades or support.

bronze_10

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I am an anti apple-cult phone user! (I just never liked how they locked u in to all apple stuff and nothong would transfer to any other device)! I am a die hard samsung fan. As long as the samsung doesnt burst into flames in your pocket you are golden! Lol

PEARCE

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I had iPhones till I finally got fed up with there tactics and switched to Samsung. Their constant updates make you have to replace your device every 3-4 years max or else it becomes so laggy it's useless. I wanted more memory and a bigger screen and Samsung had it and Apple didn't so I switched. I've got a Note 3 if that tells you how long I've had it. I've doubled my memory capacity from base 32GB to 64GB with a memory card and I've replaced the battery for $12 and it took less then 5 mins to do both. Try that with an iPhone!

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
We have a full range of apple products from the I phone 5s (my phone), 6s, 7s and the latest iPad Pro, mini and mac book. I have not noticed any lag in the 5s after applying the most recent upgrade. As for Apple's product and support road map or strategies, non-disclosure agreements prohibit me from discussing such information. I believe that the above is consistent with the Apple "keeping secrets at Apple" trying giudeline of being vague, polite and brief.

bronze_10

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I had iPhones till I finally got fed up with there tactics and switched to Samsung. Their constant updates make you have to replace your device every 3-4 years max or else it becomes so laggy it's useless. I wanted more memory and a bigger screen and Samsung had it and Apple didn't so I switched. I've got a Note 3 if that tells you how long I've had it. I've doubled my memory capacity from base 32GB to 64GB with a memory card and I've replaced the battery for $12 and it took less then 5 mins to do both. Try that with an iPhone!
I had a note 3 for a long time.. just upgraded to the 7 edge.

Wayloncle

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I'm 128gb with 67.15gb free
I got tired of deleteimg something so I could take a video and stuff like that, so when I got my 6s I got the 128 so I wouldn't have to worry about it. The sales guy said "are you sure you want that much memory? It's a lot, you'd probably be fine with the 64...".
Shut up and take my money

AndyD

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I got tired of deleteimg something so I could take a video and stuff like that, so when I got my 6s I got the 128 so I wouldn't have to worry about it. The sales guy said "are you sure you want that much memory? It's a lot, you'd probably be fine with the 64...".
Shut up and take my money
IMG_4608.JPG

Peelz

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Glastron
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
^^^^^LOL that used to drive me nuts as well. SO i also now have the 128. nowhere near filling it

save go pro vids to it even.

Mainah

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
If your iphone is laggy call apple and tell them or stop by a genius bar. They do make an honest effort to fix issues.

I am an apple addict but only because I hate being family tech support and even my own tech support after work. You see I work with computer code and big data for work but I want technology to just darn disappear and work for me at home. For me apple just works from the 5 iphones at my house to the iphones in my parents hands, to the 4 apple laptops at my house, the 2 ipads, and yes even 5 apple tvs. I am heavily invested in the eco system but not blind to its shortcomings and cost. I am ok with the short comings and cost so I stick with it. I have also never had a virus, malware, bloatware, etc on any apple device.

I still have my geek cred though. I do own a linux machine.

OCMD

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
See above for reasons to stay with a Samsung Galaxy.....I've had one for years and it continue to work perfectly....and to upgrade the storage cost me about ten bucks for the micro sd card...I refuse to become an Apple drone like my kids....

GiddYupJoe

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
NA
When my buddy and I of 20 years run out of stuff to talk about after a few beers... we move to this debate ^^^^. After 8ish years... we have yet to convince each other of which is better. Love it! To each their own.

Murf'n'surf

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
When my buddy and I of 20 years run out of stuff to talk about after a few beers... we move to this debate ^^^^. After 8ish years... we have yet to convince each other of which is better. Love it! To each their own.
So.......which side of the aisle do you sit on?

GiddYupJoe

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
NA
I am an apple guy. Typing on a 8 year old mac book pro right now and it fires up and hasn't given me a lick of problems. I just like that they (apple) just "work". I'm willing pay a premium for that!

Murf'n'surf

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I am an apple guy. Typing on a 8 year old mac book pro right now and it fires up and hasn't given me a lick of problems. I just like that they (apple) just "work". I'm willing pay a premium for that!
I've got a 10 yo pro that I love also. But, the OS is no longer supported and causes all kinds of browser conflicts. I had to retire it to my quicken only computer.

Peelz

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Glastron
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
we started with ipods and ipads, but apple phones were a nono, then wife got 2nd gen iphone, didnt like it, went to a droid. the droid...was pure garbage.. my clunky old blackberry with broken screen was better than that. LOL

been ALL apple since 2012ish. apple tv too, which is awesome.

some folks dont like the "all things come through us" approach of apple. but I dont mind at all. IT just works, dont have to worry about it. (unless you jump in a pool with it in your pocket lol)

second reason weve stayed: customer service heres why:

2011 or so... we bought my younger son an Ipod touch for his bday. he got to open it, but I Didnt set it up all the way. later that evening, we sit down to eat. my phone BLOWS UP! email after email...normally i dont mess with tech during family time... but It concerned me so I looked... I had 11 emails from apple store! $700 worth of in app purchases!!!! (Which I NEVER EVER EVER do) apparently, the little guy(4) had swiped it from moms purse and been playing games. so frantically...Im calling..emailing.... get a hold of them... the guy on the phone Was very helpful...but even better... HILARIOUS... I just wanted a: get money back, b: if not, at least tell me what he bought!!!!! hahah "well he bought magic eggs in the game penguin race, wouldnt you want to spend $700 on magic eggs? penguins need all the help they can get" then reminded me to shut off in app purchases. and said "well help you this time, but next time, youd better learn how to race penguins" and refunded my $. :)

Coheeba

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I have been an Apple guy since day one and have always sold my old phone when the new comes out for at least as much as the new one costs. Last year I sold my 6 for $450 and bought the 7. I plan on doing the same with the 8. That being said I have 5 people on my plan (Who's yo Daddy) and I always have an upgrade available. :jawdrop: