• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

iPhone acting up????

biglar155

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I have an iphone 6 through work. I think I liked my Galaxy phone better, but our Telcom person said that it's easier for her if I got an iPhone. Being that she's the sole Telcom person for a company of 2,000+ people with employees in multiple states AND overseas.... Well, I give her a break and try to make her job a little easier.

Wayloncle

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
we started with ipods and ipads, but apple phones were a nono, then wife got 2nd gen iphone, didnt like it, went to a droid. the droid...was pure garbage.. my clunky old blackberry with broken screen was better than that. LOL

been ALL apple since 2012ish. apple tv too, which is awesome.

some folks dont like the "all things come through us" approach of apple. but I dont mind at all. IT just works, dont have to worry about it. (unless you jump in a pool with it in your pocket lol)

second reason weve stayed: customer service heres why:

2011 or so... we bought my younger son an Ipod touch for his bday. he got to open it, but I Didnt set it up all the way. later that evening, we sit down to eat. my phone BLOWS UP! email after email...normally i dont mess with tech during family time... but It concerned me so I looked... I had 11 emails from apple store! $700 worth of in app purchases!!!! (Which I NEVER EVER EVER do) apparently, the little guy(4) had swiped it from moms purse and been playing games. so frantically...Im calling..emailing.... get a hold of them... the guy on the phone Was very helpful...but even better... HILARIOUS... I just wanted a: get money back, b: if not, at least tell me what he bought!!!!! hahah "well he bought magic eggs in the game penguin race, wouldnt you want to spend $700 on magic eggs? penguins need all the help they can get" then reminded me to shut off in app purchases. and said "well help you this time, but next time, youd better learn how to race penguins" and refunded my $. :)
My son did this as well, I can't remember the game but I called and they told me the same thing, they will refund once but never again. I learned quick how to turn off in app purchases and now I only use iTunes gift cards so even if someone did try to buy a bunch of crap like that they'd only get $20 worth

Peelz

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Glastron
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I have been an Apple guy since day one and have always sold my old phone when the new comes out for at least as much as the new one costs. Last year I sold my 6 for $450 and bought the 7. I plan on doing the same with the 8. That being said I have 5 people on my plan (Who's yo Daddy) and I always have an upgrade available. :jawdrop:
I also have 5 phones. also paying for my moms too. much easier to manage this way than the multiple platforms before. they way we work it... with sprint(meh but it works and been with them since 90's) when someone breaks one.....whoevers account is eligible for an upgrade gets the shiny new version, and the phone breaker gets the hand me down.

Ive been the hand me down recipient twice. lol once in a pool, once on a motorcycle ride into Arkansas in biblical rains. 10hrs of pouring. my rain gear iwth "waterproof pocket" apparently had a limit hahahah.

so far.... not super impressed with the iphone 7. I havent seen a reason to leave my 6splus 128. its pretty much perfect.

many times, resets work on these.... last summer, wifes went batty at a hotel desk...got a text and the text tone kept going for like 5 minutes, wouldnt shut off. so we bought her a new phone on vaca. when I got home, i booted it into DFU mode, and wiped it. had corrupt software I guess. gave that phone to my son as a xmas present. YES, the same sone who tried to break me with in app purchases. hes 7 years older now LOL