• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Is $50K a good price for a 2015 215 HOI?

Janguh Lang

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
Howdy Yall! I promice due dillagence in learning the who thru why of this website in all of it's glory and brilliance . I kindly ask for patience but would rather it be given to me strait when I need to be shown the way so here goes everything....

First : Cant wait to take delivery of My 2015 Scarab 215HOI

Second : Have a check here for 50K+change which is what I'm set to pay for the craft mentioned.. plus I will kindly require my salezman to throw in a full tank of gas, safety kit , wakeboard, coney dog, oops no, no chili on my boat. But here is my question is the price im set to pay a good deal, am I over paying, a fair deal , etc... what kind of deal or lack of for this NEW 2015 SCARAB 215HO IMPULSE TWIN200'S 1TOTAL HOUR WAKEBOARD TOWER PRIMUM SOUND HULL COVER TRAILER ?

Im giving all an opportunity to be a hero and depending on such, It will be fight or flight, check handed over or check obliterated to confetti

GO!

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Welcome Aboard @Janguh Lang. I moved your question to a new thread so it will get more attention. I am not familiar with Scarb pricing. @ScarabMike, what you think of his deal?

ScarabMike

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Welcome @Janguh Lang! 50K OTD looks to be a fair price for the 215. But I believe some have been getting better deals. Search this thread, and use it for negotiations.
https://jetboaters.net/threads/whatd-you-pay-for-your-scarab.4375/

A few pointers....
1. Sea trial the boat (no excuses or dont buy)
2. Check the service department's capabilities with the boat. Knowledge, Experience, Reputation, willingness to work with its post sales customers. <<<< This is the most important of all!!!
3. Do some reading on this section to get you familiarized in the strengths and weaknesses of the boat.
4. Dont use boat fuel (non ethanol 90) unless you have no choice. It will retard timing, and will limit your RPMs and speed. E10 91 or above octane is great. Just use a fuel treatment.
5. Do not flush the engine for more than 2 minutes. This will cause premature wear on the carbon seals.
6. If you can finagle a trailering cover in the deal, DO IT. This cover is far superior to the stock covers, and will preserve and protect the boat. You will thank yourself in the long run.
5. Ask for the 5 year B.E.S.T. warranty.
6. Dont be afraid to walk away. Take a ride to the Yamaha dealer and check out the AR240. Its only about 3k more and you get some nice equipment and a bigger boat.

Janguh Lang

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
I have to say that I feel a sence of instant addiction to thjs forum due to the Pricess quick advice. ScarabMike! Will do! Much appreciated fella. Im a stickler when it comes to the nuts and bolts of the do's and dont's . Bruce, Thanks . I will have to make time infront of my computer to fully Navigate(pun intended) this site and its workings so that I may absorb its glory and too add to it's helfullness and not be a freeboater, I mean freeloader. Cheers

veedubtek

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scout
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
2. Check the service department's capabilities with the boat. Knowledge, Experience, Reputation, willingness to work with its post sales customers. <<<< This is the most important of all!!!
This cannot be emphasized enough, and I'm sure after some digging in here, you'll quickly realize it. Scarab guys with a good dealer emphatically love their boat. There are a large percentage of scarab owners with a poor dealer however, and I think a fair portion of those feel like they flushed 50K down the toilet.

Welcome aboard. Grab your coffee and cancel any plans you may have had today, you can easily get lost in here with the wealth of information available.