• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Is a 1986 carrera a classic jet boat? Help!

86 carrera jet

Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Is there a voltage regulator for one question. I have hundreds. First jet boat. Ran it after being completely worked over by boat shop last summer. It wasnt pretty. I need all sorts of tech advice.

Scottintexas

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Welcome aboard, I like the style of those boats,

How long have you owned it?

Is the original engine in it, what size/type is it?

What work did the boat shop do for you last summer?

d I

86 carrera jet

Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I bought it summer before last. Sold a malibu skier to get out of v drive. Its the closed bow 21 ft. Listed as 23 ft on reg but I think its considered 21. It looks like the one in the pic you posted. It had the 454 rebuilt. The jet gone through. The transom, floor, stringers redone. Now Im on gel coat. But its been doing some funky thing. A voltage regulator thing. I replaced the alternator. New batt. Wiring is less than neat. Fuse block or wiring block deal is garbage. Parts are hard to find and theres no information available on anything. Its running an hei. Im basically throwing parts at it. Its been draining the batt under power since last summer. Starts running rich through hei. Somethings wired wrong or not functioning properly. Im about to get an msd marine ignition. I also read I probably need to run thicker guage wire to run the hei. Ill get er. Always do. But if theres some carrera jet boat forum or info site. That would be great.......