• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Is it ok to anchor my 2021 AR210 in a current?

Slamons

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Hey,

I have a question about anchoring my boat and securing it to our dock in a current. We did this all last summer but now I am questioning it after reading about some of the issues with water coming through exhaust and hydro’ing the engines. For context, this is on the Colorado river (lower river/above Blythe) and in a large channel off the river. I know on our older stand ups, I installed tow taps in the event they break down and we need to tow them back, but I’d like to avoid this on the boat. Pics for reference, the one with the jet ski shows the mouth of the channel, we have pretty good water flow.
1710871264498.jpeg
1710871349804.jpeg

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Not sure how fast the current is.

You could install some inline valves so you could close off the water intake

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Hey,

I have a question about anchoring my boat and securing it to our dock in a current. We did this all last summer but now I am questioning it after reading about some of the issues with water coming through exhaust and hydro’ing the engines. For context, this is on the Colorado river (lower river/above Blythe) and in a large channel off the river. I know on our older stand ups, I installed tow taps in the event they break down and we need to tow them back, but I’d like to avoid this on the boat. Pics for reference, the one with the jet ski shows the mouth of the channel, we have pretty good water flow.
View attachment 216508
View attachment 216509
Just be sure to anchor with the bow into the current and you should be good. According to the manual it says don’t tow faster than 5 mph with the engines off. I don’t think the current is that fast. For reference a decent walking pace is 3 mph.

There was a guy on here within the last year that was bow in on a shoreline and he had his motor hydro lock, he thought it was from waves from the lake, his mechanic friend was with him and they pulled the plugs and blew the water out of the TR-1’s, no water in the oil etc... all good. BUT, what he later realized what caused it was he came into the sand bar area at a good clip and just shut the engines off while still going 30 mph … that is what caused that one.

Slamons

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Yeah, I read that post as well and that’s what had me thinking. It’s a strong current but I don’t think it’s close to 5mph. Simple math here but I use the lowest setting of the no wake mode to get close to my mooring buoy and that moves us slowly against the current.

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
If it is not 5 mph I wouldn't worry about it.

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
I would be shocked if any tide could cause issues here.