• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Is costco the new Walmart?

They're only.long enough at mine for small cars and small pickups. Gotta go over or around an suv of any size? No way. I could MAYBE get irnaround the tbss, since the filler is like barely in front of the taillight. Not a chance for the expedition.
Yeah, I could see how it'd be tough with an Expedition. Not a problem for my F150, I can walk around the truck and stretch the hose right over the bed.

Yeah, I could see how it'd be tough with an Expedition. Not a problem for my F150, I can walk around the truck and stretch the hose right over the bed.

Are your pumps Hella slow? The pumps at our sams club are SO SLOW, filling up the expedition takes like 5 minutes. Of we go to the Cumberland farms or a loves or pilot on a trip they're like, a minute. If I was still filling a 36 gallon f150 tank, I'd probably send the wife in to the club to do our shopping and she'd be done before me.

Costco pumps are slow here. I have the 36 gallon tank, often at least two cars will finish fueling before I'm done.

I don't think they are slow by me BUT there is some sort of safety nozzle on the 2 I've been to that are pretty difficult if you don't know how to do it. There are always attendants around to help the people who won't read the directions. I can't believe how many people will run the hose over their paint from reading this, is anyone afraid of scratches? I don't even go thru a brushed carwash for fear of scratches. That happened to my last truck with less than 3000 miles and they fought me the whole way refusing to fix it. Finally they buffed it and all was well but lesson learned on my part.

I can't believe how many people will run the hose over their paint from reading this, is anyone afraid of scratches?

I just hold the hose with my free hand. Never touches the vehicle. Have a truck and a suv and neither are an issue.

I don't see the issue in the original post. As others have said, this is pretty standard practice. At my Sam's club I can reach the boat to the other side of the 252, requires getting on the boat though. The truck is no issue.

I know it doesn't feel like it, but one single line almost always results in the shortest average wait for everyone in line. Just like using both lanes right up until the merge point on a freeway. An Industrial or Civil Engineer who's got a better memory than me for the math can demonstrate it pretty easily. I'll have to see if I can dig up a credible study.
I just went through this as well in a manufacturing processing class. Was really interesting to see how the flow patterns changed as you changed where the queue's stacked up. Interestingly it got MUCH more obvious if you made each station variable instead of a fixed time (which is what gas pumps are). I'll go look through my textbook and see if I can find an example as well.

I don't see the issue in the original post. As others have said, this is pretty standard practice. At my Sam's club I can reach the boat to the other side of the 252, requires getting on the boat though. The truck is no issue.
Gotta be a regional thing then.

I've been fueling for over 2 decades, and I can count on one hand the number of times I've seen anyone try to fuel the "far side" of a vehicle. Usually ends poorly for everyone involved.

That was my thought too really. I've never seen it in person before then and I'm quite sure she wasn't doing it on purpose.

Here in NCal Outside of Costco if I try to fill up at a shell, chevron, etc on the opposite side of fill port an attended usually comes out and says that I can’t do that. Not sure what there worried about as none have ever shown me a written policy against it.

I've been fueling for over 2 decades, and I can count on one hand the number of times I've seen anyone try to fuel the "far side" of a vehicle. Usually ends poorly for everyone involved.

The lines are too long to not have it go on both sides lol

People in FL are largely self entitled jerks.

People in FL are largely self entitled jerks.

While I agree... especially South Fl.... I don't see how fueling on the other side makes you a jerk. They put the extensions on the pumps for a reason.

As long as she remembered to remove the nozzle I'm good with it.

While I agree... especially South Fl.... I don't see how fueling on the other side makes you a jerk. They put the extensions on the pumps for a reason.

I'm talking about the people who wait at the entrance for an open one vs creating multiple independent queues.

That said, people who pull around to use the pump, they're Jenks. If you can reach it across with the extension, whatever. But if you pull around the wrong way to gas up, you suck as a person. At least at places that have clearly marked directions like sams or Costco gas.

Back