• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Is the ice out yet?!

Rammrodd

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212XE
Boat Length
Hey everyone. We bought a 2019 SX195 back in September but decided to wait to take delivery this spring. So in the meantime I've been lurking in the boards absorbing as much as I can and I greatly appreciate all the knowledge everyone has shared on here over the years. But with spring fever in the air I figured I should introduce myself. I grew up boating on the Mississippi here in Minnesota. Fell in love with jet boats after my buddy's dad picked up a new Exciter back in 97. This is my first jet boat of my own, but am fairly familiar with them.

Now all I can do is wait patiently, yeah right, for ice out so I can take delivery!

Dean P

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
Hey welcome to the forum :Welcome: !!! Thanks for introducing yourself. That's a long time to wait. I'd be burning up inside if it were me. When do things thaw out up there? Good luck and get ready for some mods.

anmut

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
In Central WI over here... yeah - when does spring start, please?!

Babin Farms

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
:Welcome:Welcome to JB. Like you I'm new to jet boats and have only had mine out once towards the end of last season. Waiting on warmer weather to not only get it out but also install Seadeck and soundproof the engine bay. Hope it is a good year for boating.

Rammrodd

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212XE
Boat Length
Usually on 4. We have a family place at the head of lake Pepin. We live near 2 and 3 so those are always options.

J-RAD

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Congratulations! Waiting sucks every winter... best to find a hobby to keep your mind off it. Stalking this forum daily (more like hourly) all winter doesn't help take your mind off it... 🕛🕐🕑🕒😭🥴

Compatico

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Congratulations! Waiting sucks every winter... best to find a hobby to keep your mind off it. Stalking this forum daily (more like hourly) all winter doesn't help take your mind off it... 🕛🕐🕑🕒😭🥴
I find drinking helps...🥃

😀

Dixie Highway

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Congrats on the new ride. I was in the same “boat (see what I did there?)” last year. Deposit placed after Labor Day, didn’t pick up until April 12th. True to form, we got 6 inches of snow April 14th. Couple months to go, these will be the toughest!

RightStuff

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Welcome to the forum, always nice to have more from MN on here! Helps to know I'm not the only one dreaming of boating season to begin...

Babin Farms

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
C'mon DH, have faith. 🚤 Last year we went out for the first cruise of the year on the Rock River on Easter and left it in the slip the rest of the season from that day. First ones in our slip at the marina and after we bought the AR230 late season we were probably one of the last ones out in a pleasure boat for the season.

Fish

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Hey everyone. We bought a 2019 SX195 back in September but decided to wait to take delivery this spring. So in the meantime I've been lurking in the boards absorbing as much as I can and I greatly appreciate all the knowledge everyone has shared on here over the years. But with spring fever in the air I figured I should introduce myself. I grew up boating on the Mississippi here in Minnesota. Fell in love with jet boats after my buddy's dad picked up a new Exciter back in 97. This is my first jet boat of my own, but am fairly familiar with them.

Now all I can do is wait patiently, yeah right, for ice out so I can take delivery!
Congrats! I'm fairly new to the forum as well and grew up in Bloomington, MN. I'm out in Southern California and somewhat like you, I bought our 2017 242 LTD S last Nov and have it in storage until it warms up a bit on the lakes in the local mountains (Lake Arrowhead) where we have a vacation home. The forum and the members have been fantastic for learning about everything you'll need to know. Super friendly and super helpful!

FLBulldogger

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
:Welcome: to the best boards on the ole interweb! No ice here....except in the adult beverages....come on down the water's fine. Here are some photos from yesterday!
20200219_125410.jpg
20200219_110137.jpg

Attachments

Last edited:

BigJ

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
At this rate ice will be off in June. UGH

BigJ

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
In Central WI over here... yeah - when does spring start, please?!
June?... I live just north of Milwaukee. 40's this weekend. Its probably a false sense of hope.

biffdotorg

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Growing up in Central Minnesota, and owning Waverunners through my 20's, our goal was to be able to ride a Waverunner on my Birthday, April 23rd. It was hit or miss, but most years it was not possible.

One season, we did the trifecta: Played 9 holes of golf, downhill skiied and rode the waverunner all in one weekend!! Love Minnesota.

Welcome to the board from Pelican Rapids!!

anmut

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
June?... I live just north of Milwaukee. 40's this weekend. Its probably a false sense of hope.
I’ve got fam in Slinger.

PJ73

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length