• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Is there a doctor in the house?

Evil Sports

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
Not a DR but I do play one on Tv. I had 4 knee scopes and you cant really see the marks. First is to ice it 20 mins on and 20 off as much a possible. Getting and keeping it elevated with some form of compression sleeve would be good as well. The more you walk around with it below your heart the longer its gonna take to start going down. Its unlikely you blew an acl getting up, more likely you has some small meniscus tears and that move pulled one open enough to bleed. Medial meniscus is the most common and blood supply is mostly on the outer edge. In that crouched position your weight puts a ton of load on that area getting up.

Meetball

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I dunno whats going on, above knee its tender, the bad knee is 2 times the size of the other and purple and black. work is laughing at me cause im chilling in flipflops and ice packs. I am heading to DR tomorrow afternoon and I bet MRI will be Wednesday.

orexismd

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I dunno whats going on, above knee its tender, the bad knee is 2 times the size of the other and purple and black. work is laughing at me cause im chilling in flipflops and ice packs. I am heading to DR tomorrow afternoon and I bet MRI will be Wednesday.
I'm placing bets on an MCL tear. Your front knee bent inward while you were trying to stand- right?

Liftr

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I did have a torn meniscus surgery. Down for two days, then light activity for 4 weeks, then back to normal.
I have no advice for your knee though. It sounds worse than mine.

But, I did have a Dr friend of mine tell me that most Doctors will accept about 40% on the dollar for “fast payment discounts”.

ie. leave the Insurance out of it, write a check after treatment, and costs can come down drastically.

Meetball

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I'm placing bets on an MCL tear. Your front knee bent inward while you were trying to stand- right?
I dont think it bent forward, i just remember the pop then i went down. but i was in the seated position

Meetball

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Update to this, Dr. Thinks acl MRI scheduled for tomorrow.

Gym

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I tore my ACL skiing years ago. The doc said it was about 90% torn. I was able to bring it back with therapy alone. My daughter tore hers clean through. She had to have it repaired surgically. They did a patella bone tendon bone graft to build her a new ACL. A little over a year later she ran the Boston Marathon and still runs (3 - 8 miles) today 20 years later.

Just remember...Surgery will fix the problem, physical therapy will bring you back.

Meetball

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
The Dr. thinks he can have b=me back surfing by the end of the year so there that at least.....

Reactions: Gym