• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Issue need help

iMaFuXeR

Reaction score
Boat Make
Glastron
Year
Boat Model
GTS
Boat Length
well right now it wont start. Its saying no ECM data and i have replaced all fuses and relays

iMaFuXeR

Reaction score
Boat Make
Glastron
Year
Boat Model
GTS
Boat Length
So good news got the boat to finally turn on!!! Bad News is now it wont start it just keeps making a clicking noise like its trying to start. I have replace all fuses, relays and the starting relays. I have tested the battery and they were good. I hooked up my truck with jumper cable to just make sure it has enough power to start. Only thing i think it could be is that the starter is bad or not getting enough power to turn the boat on. Anyone have any other ideas?

Thanks

Babin Farms

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Where's the clicking coming from?

iMaFuXeR

Reaction score
Boat Make
Glastron
Year
Boat Model
GTS
Boat Length
sounds like the starter

Babin Farms

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I would pull the starter and bench test it

iMaFuXeR

Reaction score
Boat Make
Glastron
Year
Boat Model
GTS
Boat Length
yea going to do that once i find out where the damn thing is lol

Scarabscott

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
195 ID
Boat Length
Check your starter solinoid. that will cause the clicking. and they go bad when wet

iMaFuXeR

Reaction score
Boat Make
Glastron
Year
Boat Model
GTS
Boat Length
Update as of yesterday boat still doing the clicking noise. I decided to take the spark plugs out to check them and once i did that water started coming up from the spark plug hole. i got the water out but i think that water got in the fuel and that's why its not starting. Please let me know if that seems right?

Babin Farms

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
So it's cranking over now without the plugs in? If so crank the engine with spark plugs out and kill lanyard pulled to evacuate all of the the water. There should not be water in there even if it was in the fuel(unless the fuel tank got filled with water).

iMaFuXeR

Reaction score
Boat Make
Glastron
Year
Boat Model
GTS
Boat Length
So it's cranking over now without the plugs in? If so crank the engine with spark plugs out and kill lanyard pulled to evacuate all of the the water. There should not be water in there even if it was in the fuel(unless the fuel tank got filled with water).
its not cracking without the spark plugs was just shooting out the water. I got the water out yesterday on the motor. The whole motor and fuel tank was underwater.

Babin Farms

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
You had it running before so you have to figure out where the water is coming from before going any further. The fuel tank should not get water in it even if submerged.

iMaFuXeR

Reaction score
Boat Make
Glastron
Year
Boat Model
GTS
Boat Length
maybe the vent??

Babin Farms

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Is the boat on a trailer now?

Pull the fuel line off the the engine and have it pump into a glass jar, let the jar sit and see how much gas and water is in it.

When you pulled the plugs water just pushed out of the plug holes?? All of the cylinders or just some?

iMaFuXeR

Reaction score
Boat Make
Glastron
Year
Boat Model
GTS
Boat Length
Is the boat on a trailer now?

Pull the fuel line off the the engine and have it pump into a glass jar, let the jar sit and see how much gas and water is in it.

When you pulled the plugs water just pushed out of the plug holes?? All of the cylinders or just some?
Yes boat on a trailer

I will pull the fuel line tomorrow night and see what happens

all the spark plug holes had water in it but one of them had a ton!

Attachments

iMaFuXeR

Reaction score
Boat Make
Glastron
Year
Boat Model
GTS
Boat Length
Update we think the boat hydrolock. Can anyone tell em how to fix it?

Babin Farms

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Pull all the plugs and crank it till water is gone is where I’d start