• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Issue with radio harness/connector

Beachbummer

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
My SX230 has a blue wiring plug that has somewhere from 21-24 pins that connect the original radio plug to the boat. I was troubleshooting no sound from a speaker yesterday, expecting the issue to be something I did when I installed my new Sony radio many months ago, and I traced the problem to this harness. I was able to "pinch" some of the round female plugs to make the connection work out, and the problem appeared to be repaired. The OEM connector that had this problem looks to be of very good quality, It's While with blue soft plastic inserts,it sits between the radio wiring on the boat and the radio plug. The pins don't seem easy to remove from the connector. (Special tool required? I tried wiggling and needle pliers and no luck )

I wanted to see if anyone else had experienced a similar problem, or had experience in dealing with issues with this harness.

Thanks!