• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

issues with my 2018 Yamaha 242 Limited S connext system

Brian Surat

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
My connext system for my Yamaha 2018 242 Limited S seems to not be getting the right amount of energy and it is throwing the connext system for a loop, and also myself. The boat is throwing codes such as transducer connection errors and telling me to shut down engines with no explanation. The boat is running fine but Im getting these codes also Im having no luck in syncing up with the bluetooth thats is on the main connext unit, I can use the rear deck unit to play music and control it from there but cannot control it at the connext screen at the helm. Most of these issues ive heard have been caused by power problems or some type of gremlins in the system does anyone have an solutions for this. Thanks for listening hope there is a solution.

Neutron

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
How are your batteries?
They seem to be the biggest culprit to connext issues.

Brian Surat

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I just bought a brand new one but I just dont know if im getting enough power...

Neutron

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Check with a voltmeter while running. Should be around 14volts

johhnyboat

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Yes it is
Do you have two batteries and are they both on? The connext system does fail, but most electronic issues on boats are from low OR inconsistent voltage; voltage surges or intermittent low voltage.

Brian Surat

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Yes both batteries are on, its definitely nothing that simple...ive went and got them tested and also replaced one...

johhnyboat

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
unfortunately it's probably the connext system. I'm not sure if you are still under warranty, I wasn't. If you do need to have it replaced out of warranty it is a very simple replace. It's 4 bolts and one plug in the back. The dealer would charge you an additional $2,000 to install a 15 minute job. The part can be found on partzilla.