• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

It Got Cold

DonJohnsMusic

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
I was just sitting here in my bathrobe, socks and slippers wondering what happened to the 78 degrees we had Saturday! In less than 6 hours we dropped down to 36 degrees! Made me think of warmer times and places. Thought I’d share a fun video. Sending everyone warm thoughts! Stay safe out there!

Today I was sitting in my office, in my underwear with the AC on wondering if I should do a Christmas Eve on the water. I'd trade it though to be home with the Family sitting around the fire and catching up!

That reminds me of growing up in Florida. To this day I have a hard time getting into Christmas even though since the late 80’s I’ve been experiencing more Christmas like weather living a little more North. Being barefoot, no shirt and sweating does not compute for me getting into the holiday spirit. Now experiencing snow, cold and different trees (no palm trees) is for sure a different vibe. I actually enjoy cold weather more than hot! I feel very fortunate to have experienced both climates! Enjoy your A/C and you know you have a place to visit here if you ever leave the island life! Merry Christmas my friend!

Here in the lower Keys: sunny and 80 give or take every day through the new year :)

enjoy the holidays and Merry Christmas !!

I can’t believe living in Florida for so many years I never visited the Keys! I kick myself for not doing that! I’m working towards taking our boat down there, or perhaps later if we get a larger boat in the future. I know it would be a long trip, but I know it would be epic! I spent a lot of time in Miami doing some commercial, but never did go past there!
Crew Miami
Can you believe high definition cameras were still not available to use low budget guys. This was however one of my last standard definition jobs. Crazy to think about how much cameras have changed! My cheap GoPro shoots 4K!

FYI When I come back I will be re-locating to FLA... Not willing to go back to Mid Atlantic...

The Keys, Bimini and ICW are on my list.

That reminds me of growing up in Florida. To this day I have a hard time getting into Christmas even though since the late 80’s I’ve been experiencing more Christmas like weather living a little more North. Being barefoot, no shirt and sweating does not compute for me getting into the holiday spirit. Now experiencing snow, cold and different trees (no palm trees) is for sure a different vibe. I actually enjoy cold weather more than hot! I feel very fortunate to have experienced both climates! Enjoy your A/C and you know you have a place to visit here if you ever leave the island life! Merry Christmas my friend!

Merry Christmas to you and your shipmate! Aloha...

(PS I will take you up on that invitation!)

I can’t believe living in Florida for so many years I never visited the Keys! I kick myself for not doing that! I’m working towards taking our boat down there, or perhaps later if we get a larger boat in the future. I know it would be a long trip, but I know it would be epic! I spent a lot of time in Miami doing some commercial, but never did go past there!
Crew Miami
Can you believe high definition cameras were still not available to use low budget guys. This was however one of my last standard definition jobs. Crazy to think about how much cameras have changed! My cheap GoPro shoots 4K!

I can't believe the quality out of the phones too. The Note20 can shoot up to 8k 24 fps and UHD 60 fps and can shoot underwater. Thats too much for my simple editing program though plus I'm on the slow boat for Internet speeds for uploads so I've backed it down to 24 or 30 fps. I was shooting with a 5D & a 24/70 for a while indoors but skip that now for the YT stuff. Pro gigs I would still use the heavy hitter equipment though.

Not sure if you are watching the show Yellowstone, but the Arri Alexa camera they are using on that show is the best image I’ve ever seen from a digital camera or any camera as far as that goes. Cool fact. I was at Parmount Studios when they rolled out the Alexa. It was a very electric moment. I knew that I had just witnessed history and the beginning of shooting digital. Amazing! If you have not watch that show, it’s epic on many different levels.

Back