• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

It's a great day.

LooHoo

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
She has arrived. And she is

So.

Sweet.

We're really excited to be 242X owners! Here are a couple of rather sedate shots from our 1.8 hours of playtime this afternoon.

IMG_0762.JPG

Arrival. :)

IMG_0764.JPG

Taking the dealer back to his truck so he can park the trailer back at our place for us.

IMG_0766.JPG
Some cruising and seriously responsive handling ensued. :thumbsup:

IMG_0765.JPG

Went to the dam.

I'll try to get some exciting stuff when I can, but we're really thankful to all the very knowledgeable people on this forum who, many without knowing it, helped us get to today. Thank you. Bring on summer!

PEARCE

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
That's a beautiful boat AND a place to use it! Where are you at? You can add it below your aviator pic. Y'all are gonna have an amazing summer!

Neutron

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Beautiful boat and what a nice spot you have there.

LooHoo

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Beautiful boat and what a nice spot you have there.
Thanks! We are from the Midwest and have only been here 2.5 years. We love it. Like, insanely so.

LooHoo

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
That's a beautiful boat AND a place to use it! Where are you at? You can add it below your aviator pic. Y'all are gonna have an amazing summer!
Yes, good idea, I will! Thank you. Smith Mountain Lake in SWVA. As I said in another post...I think we should have a jetboater gathering here sometime!

veedubtek

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scout
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I'd definitely be there! Love that lake, it's beautiful. As long as it's later in the year, it sure doesn't warm up quick!

Drift Away

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
20170418_222036.jpg Keep an eye on that Center seat where the step through is if you grab a handful of throttle that seats in there it's going to end up flying out in becoming a flute in the middle of the lake. Good looking rig. Congrats

LooHoo

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Keep an eye on that Center seat where the step through is if you grab a handful of throttle that seats in there it's going to end up flying out in becoming a flute in the middle of the lake. Good looking rig. Congrats
I wondered. Maybe keep it out? The snap won't keep it in?

Hey, while I have you here, here's a dumb newbie Q: did your boat come with one or two keys? We've only got one so I'm thinking we may be short. Thanks!

Drift Away

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I wondered. Maybe keep it out? The snap won't keep it in?

Hey, while I have you here, here's a dumb newbie Q: did your boat come with one or two keys? We've only got one so I'm thinking we may be short. Thanks!
I got a 2016 SX240. I left my seat in...once and spent the next 45 min looking for it. Plus people will step all over it. As far as keys go, i got 2 sets. I keep one in a lock box on the boat in the helm compartment just in case. Not sure about the X but i have 2 keys one per motor

KXCam22

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Our center cushion stays in the house. That is where you step in and out of the boat anyway, and they fly out at speed or while trailering. Nice boat. Cam.

JP2016

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Great looking boat. You should have gotten two keys, one with the black rubber piece and the other is just a metal key. Speaking of keys does anyone know an easy way to get duplicate keys made, can't find a locksmith that has a key that size.

gobecauseyoucan

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Beautiful boat,,, congratulations. I never have that seat in place. Jet Boat Pilot has a matching SeaDek piece to install in that spot. It is the step through to where everyone wants to be,,, at the stern swim deck. The only time I put mine in is under way and we have full crew and need the extra seating space, otherwise it's stored in the port compartment. Will fit right on top of the SeaDek when you need it. Love the colorways of your boat!!!

LooHoo

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Great looking boat. You should have gotten two keys, one with the black rubber piece and the other is just a metal key. Speaking of keys does anyone know an easy way to get duplicate keys made, can't find a locksmith that has a key that size.
I wonder if it's around somewhere but either way, we will get another one. Great Q on getting copies, let's see if we get some responses and if not I'll start another thread.

LooHoo

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
i have to get to smlake this year.. we always talk about it but never make the drive!!
PLEASE DO! And come on over. Saw a houseboat out at one of the islands yesterday, so things are kicking into gear up here. It's not that far! Just do it. It's time.

LooHoo

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
  • @gobecauseyoucan Love your boat, too! I actually really love that one but the hubster wanted the ballast and racks and stuff. Great advice - I didn't know about the SeaDek piece for that area. Do you also have the one for stepover/engine hatch area? If so, does it encourage people to step there? That's what we can't figure out what to do with. We don't want to encourage stepping there but would like to protect it. I'll go look at Jet Boat Pilot today for that piece.

LooHoo

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I'd definitely be there! Love that lake, it's beautiful. As long as it's later in the year, it sure doesn't warm up quick!
All you NC folks complaining it's so cold here - try being an IN boater. We got an upgrade! Water was 67 yday. So come on up end June! :)

Drift Away

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
  • @gobecauseyoucan Love your boat, too! I actually really love that one but the hubster wanted the ballast and racks and stuff. Great advice - I didn't know about the SeaDek piece for that area. Do you also have the one for stepover/engine hatch area? If so, does it encourage people to step there? That's what we can't figure out what to do with. We don't want to encourage stepping there but would like to protect it. I'll go look at Jet Boat Pilot today for that piece.
I had the sea deck put in mine front to back. Much better than the carpets especially down here in Florida with a sand and salt. Here are some of the pieces that I added on the step over and underneath were that20170419_065626.jpg 20160903_135111.jpg seat goes ( please excuse the half-naked man on back of my boat just a friend from North Carolina had to pee lol)