• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

It's a great day.

LooHoo

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I had the sea deck put in mine front to back. Much better than the carpets especially down here in Florida with a sand and salt. Here are some of the pieces that I added on the step over and underneath were thatView attachment 54357 View attachment 54358 seat goes ( please excuse the half-naked man on back of my boat just a friend from North Carolina had to pee lol)
That's hilarious! And great shots, thanks! I thought we'd keep the snap-in seadek mat but we shall see. Hard to know without some experience. But the extra pieces are no-brainers. Awesome boat you have!

LooHoo

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
IMG_0767.JPG

Just one more shot to try to entice everyone to come here - this view of Smith mountain never gets old. The notch at left is where they cut into it to build the dam. There are some nice little swimming coves at the base and house boats are always hogging them in the summer. ;) Actually, there are plenty to go around.

jameskeller76

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
She has arrived. And she is

So.

Sweet.

We're really excited to be 242X owners! Here are a couple of rather sedate shots from our 1.8 hours of playtime this afternoon.

View attachment 54332

Arrival. :)

View attachment 54333

Taking the dealer back to his truck so he can park the trailer back at our place for us.

View attachment 54334
Some cruising and seriously responsive handling ensued. :thumbsup:

View attachment 54335

Went to the dam.

I'll try to get some exciting stuff when I can, but we're really thankful to all the very knowledgeable people on this forum who, many without knowing it, helped us get to today. Thank you. Bring on summer!
Beautiful boat. Go buy some fenders asap. You'll be surprised how easily you'll scratch up the hull.

LooHoo

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Beautiful boat. Go buy some fenders asap. You'll be surprised how easily you'll scratch up the hull.
I can pretty much look at a hull and scratch it, so I'm with you. That was just from when the delivery person pulled up - didn't have fenders and I was just coming down from the house to meet him after racing home from town so didn't have a chance to grab ours. Got some brand-new ones for this boat in time for her first trip out for dinner. Wonder when that will be, as the forecast for the next six days sucks! Boo.

flyingnugget

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
Beautiful boat and I love Smith Mountain Lake... I grew up in Lynchburg and visited that lake tons while growing up. Great memories. Glad to see its still as beautiful as I remember... Have a great time showing that boat off..!

jameskeller76

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I can pretty much look at a hull and scratch it, so I'm with you. That was just from when the delivery person pulled up - didn't have fenders and I was just coming down from the house to meet him after racing home from town so didn't have a chance to grab ours. Got some brand-new ones for this boat in time for her first trip out for dinner. Wonder when that will be, as the forecast for the next six days sucks! Boo.
Yep, I've ended up with scratches when taking all precautions and thought for sure I would be safe. Enjoy that boat!

captainhook

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
I've been wanting to visit Smith Mountain Lake for years, I will make it some day!

LooHoo

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Beautiful boat and I love Smith Mountain Lake... I grew up in Lynchburg and visited that lake tons while growing up. Great memories. Glad to see its still as beautiful as I remember... Have a great time showing that boat off..!
You're a local, basically - awesome! Love hearing your story. And thank you!

bronze_10

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@LooHoo we may plan for smlake this summer are u planning on doing the charleston run? Would be a great first long distance cruise for yout boat..

LooHoo

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
@LooHoo we may plan for smlake this summer are u planning on doing the charleston run? Would be a great first long distance cruise for yout boat..
Charleston is one of my fave places and I mentioned it to my husband - is it the May 20th weekend? Are you doing it? I need to see what we have scheduled but if nothing that would be amazing. We still need to address the tires on the trailer as they are the bias ply but that's another subject. Once I know we can soundly trailer distances, I'm stoked to go on some trips! Especially living where we do now - so many good places to take the boat!! Thanks for reminding me of Charleston! I hope we can.

bronze_10

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Yes its the weekend after mothers day.. we are going... we are putting in with several other boats in myrtle beach and taking the icw to chatleston to meet the other jet boaters.. its a beautiful run..

LooHoo

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
@bronze_10 we were just in Myrtle last week and crossed over the ICW countless times - I told my hubby that we were doing a trip down it from there to Chucktown asap! It looks _awesome._ Which marina do you launch from? Our son is in college and I'd love to have him with us, which is a possibility as school will be over by then.

Scuba_ref

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
View attachment 54366

Just one more shot to try to entice everyone to come here - this view of Smith mountain never gets old. The notch at left is where they cut into it to build the dam. There are some nice little swimming coves at the base and house boats are always hogging them in the summer. ;) Actually, there are plenty to go around.
The good news is that if it is a race to a swim spot then I'm pretty sure you will beat any houseboat!

Last edited:

FloJet

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Beautiful boat. Congrats

bronze_10

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
There is a thread here somehwere abouy the trip... it has where we will launch from... someone more tech savy than i can put the link in here to the thread... or @robert843 can name the marina..

veedubtek

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scout
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
@bronze_10 we were just in Myrtle last week and crossed over the ICW countless times - I told my hubby that we were doing a trip down it from there to Chucktown asap! It looks _awesome._ Which marina do you launch from? Our son is in college and I'd love to have him with us, which is a possibility as school will be over by then.
We'll be launching from Wacce Wache marina.

LooHoo

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
We'll be launching from Wacce Wache marina.
Thanks! I know where that is. I'll also look for the trip thread - I've seen it before, I think.

Shannon

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
@LooHoo very good looking boat and what a beautiful place to be living! Looks like an awesome summer ahead for you guys..:thumbsup:

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length