• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Its been a Modtastic weekend!

MrWizard

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Just a few updates..

Picked up the boat from winter storage this Friday and immediately went to work...

Step 1: removed old, factory swim deck flooring. Pretty easy, thanks to the DIY steps found on this forum. So big thanks from me!

Step 2. Installed Boat Buckles, finally!! Why didn't I do this earlier?!?!Again thanks to this forum!

Step 3. Installed a dual port USB charging station at the Co-Captain area...again-why didn't I do this before??

Step 4. Installed the tower speakers. That. Was. Fun. Had already routed the speaker wires last fall through the tower when I put that up...but as best laid plans go...of course things had to be difficult. Long story short...they're on and I'm happy. Oh, and no amp. Re-wired the boat, now the tower speakers are on the rear channel and the boat speakers work on the front channel. i.e. I can turn either the boat speakers on/off or the tower...or have them all running at the same time. Sounds really good.

Step 5. Mounted and installed the FreeRide Tower bimini. Not thrilled with it. Really dislike how it's permanent and doesn't fold at all...will be looking at modifying the factory bimini. Searched the forum high and low (thought I've seen a DIY write up before on the mod) so if someone can link it, that'd be great!

To be continued, SeaDek ordered for a full install (Bow to Stern) and my cover should be here this week...then it's off to the upholstery shop for mod.

Cannot wait for this summer!

Attachments

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Looks great, love the tower!!!

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
Did you find it as hard as I did to get wires through that whole tower? what a PITA!!!
I'm still trying to feed in the light at the top.

MrWizard

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Did you find it as hard as I did to get wires through that whole tower? what a PITA!!!
I'm still trying to feed in the light at the top.
Which is why I'm super glad that I routed the wiring as I was installed the tower...I couldn't imagine doing that now...
Aerial makes a great product, but their engineering leaves a lot to be desired!

DUSTOFF

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I like your USB idea, was it tough to wire or drill?

aarons1k

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
What did you use to remove swim deck mat ? I ordered seadek over the winter in the group buy and I'm waiting for the weather to warm up .

MrWizard

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I like your USB idea, was it tough to wire or drill?
Not tough at all. Simply find the spot you want to place it and connect up the wiring (two wires) and connect to a hot switchable lead...

MrWizard

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
What did you use to remove swim deck mat ? I ordered seadek over the winter in the group buy and I'm waiting for the weather to warm up .
All I really had to do for mine was pull very slowly and 99% came up. The remaining came up with a wire wheel on a cordless drill (barely touching the fiberglass). Soap and hot water completed the job.

aarons1k

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
All I really had to do for mine was pull very slowly and 99% came up. The remaining came up with a wire wheel on a cordless drill (barely touching the fiberglass). Soap and hot water completed the job.
Awesome !!! I hope mine comes up the same ! I'm gong to try taking it up this week.

tdonoughue

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Wow! That is quite a bit of work. Nicely done. I haven't undertaken the tower speakers yet. Someday...

MrWizard

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Awesome !!! I hope mine comes up the same ! I'm gong to try taking it up this week.
One more thought, as I remembered from reading a thread about how to take it off-try to do it in the shade and first thing in the morning.

Trevor Shipman

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I have a few up my sleeve as well:

1. Redo the snap in carpets with 40oz quality. Really plush stuff, hopefully will be here Friday.
2. Add perko switch with battery level indicators for both batteries.
3. Install new steering wheel. On its way from China, could be a couple of weeks
4. Replace the gas shock/strut for the cooler hatch.
5. Sound proof... This one kills me. I've research and research all different methods and all different results. Seems no one has solved this puzzle yet. I'll see what I come up with.
6. NaviSafe light, so I dont have to pull out the 10' stern light at night
7. SeablazeX blue lights. Going to mount on the outside of the jets in hopes to get desired results without having to order a 3rd light.

That should do it, just need the UPS man to start dropping things off.

MrWizard

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I have a few up my sleeve as well:

1. Redo the snap in carpets with 40oz quality. Really plush stuff, hopefully will be here Friday.
2. Add perko switch with battery level indicators for both batteries.
3. Install new steering wheel. On its way from China, could be a couple of weeks
4. Replace the gas shock/strut for the cooler hatch.
5. Sound proof... This one kills me. I've research and research all different methods and all different results. Seems no one has solved this puzzle yet. I'll see what I come up with.
6. NaviSafe light, so I dont have to pull out the 10' stern light at night
7. SeablazeX blue lights. Going to mount on the outside of the jets in hopes to get desired results without having to order a 3rd light.

That should do it, just need the UPS man to start dropping things off.
Ahh nice list! I'll hopefully have my SeaDek in soon!

I'd be interested in what you come up for sound dampening...and how well it works.

Good luck though on the waiting-that's the worst part!

msavold

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@aarons1k - don't wait for it to warm up too much! Only as much as needed for your comfort - heat is NOT your friend. Taking mine off, the ones that were in the sun (even the areas I'd sat on while pulling other areas) were much harder to get off.

aarons1k

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
@aarons1k - don't wait for it to warm up too much! Only as much as needed for your comfort - heat is NOT your friend. Taking mine off, the ones that were in the sun (even the areas I'd sat on while pulling other areas) were much harder to get off.
Ok !!! I'm going to try this weekend ! What did u use to remove the adhesive ? I only have to remove anchor locker and swim platform .

MrWizard

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Ok !!! I'm going to try this weekend ! What did u use to remove the adhesive ? I only have to remove anchor locker and swim platform .
Peel VERY slowly. Should come up in big pieces...
The adhesive I dealt with by using a wire wheel on a cordless drill. You don't need much/if any pressure and the residual glue will come up.
You WILL burn fiberglass off if you press too hard... Just FYI.

aarons1k

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Peel VERY slowly. Should come up in big pieces...
The adhesive I dealt with by using a wire wheel on a cordless drill. You don't need much/if any pressure and the residual glue will come up.
You WILL burn fiberglass off if you press too hard... Just FYI.
Ok ! Good to know about pulling easy ! Wire wheel ! Really !