• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Its been a Modtastic weekend!

GiddYupJoe

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
NA
@MrWizard I think you win for getting the most out of the limited space in your Profile Pic! Nice work getting the mods done before the start of the season.

MrWizard

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@GiddYupJoe, I wanted something different-thanks for noticing! Wonder if I can start a trend?? :winkingthumbsup":winkingthumbsup"

re: mods-I had a plan for this season and I love when a plan comes together! This is my 2nd season with the boat and really wanted to "make it mine"

msavold

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@aarons1k - I may have just gotten lucky but since our boats are about the same age you might too... I just used a "painter's multi tool" (http://tinyurl.com/hla6e9g from Amazon) that I had sharpened to a knife edge, a razor scraper (one of those thingys that basically just hold a razor blade) and elbow grease. Never had the guts to take a
wire wheel to it. I found the secret to (SOME) happiness was what someone else posted on here - to a) go SLOWLY, b) pull close to where it's coming up (i.e. if you have 1' pulled up, keep pulling slowly close to the boat, not from the end of the foot-long piece) and c) if it starts to tear, try going at it from a different direction. Yeah, at some point you'll end up with little bits and you'll probably start to swear at it!
(PS: got old crap off but still haven't put Seadek on - by the time I got mine it was too cold. Now, installing that stuff LIKES heat.

aarons1k

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
@aarons1k - I may have just gotten lucky but since our boats are about the same age you might too... I just used a "painter's multi tool" (http://tinyurl.com/hla6e9g from Amazon) that I had sharpened to a knife edge, a razor scraper (one of those thingys that basically just hold a razor blade) and elbow grease. Never had the guts to take a
wire wheel to it. I found the secret to (SOME) happiness was what someone else posted on here - to a) go SLOWLY, b) pull close to where it's coming up (i.e. if you have 1' pulled up, keep pulling slowly close to the boat, not from the end of the foot-long piece) and c) if it starts to tear, try going at it from a different direction. Yeah, at some point you'll end up with little bits and you'll probably start to swear at it!
(PS: got old crap off but still haven't put Seadek on - by the time I got mine it was too cold. Now, installing that stuff LIKES heat.
I have that same painters tool ! Awesome thx for the hints , I was going to try taking some off this weekend but it's back in the 30's and snowing . I can't wait to have the new seadek installed !!!!! Been waiting all winter .

Trevor Shipman

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg
Ahh nice list! I'll hopefully have my SeaDek in soon!

I'd be interested in what you come up for sound dampening...and how well it works.

Good luck though on the waiting-that's the worst part!
Well everything is 95% done..

Seablaze X lights in,new steering wheel, new carpet (binded just waiting for the snaps to come in), replacement cooler shock in.

I had aspirations of sound proofing but not sure that's in the budget. The carpet and lights are to thank for that. Happy with the updates though. The carpet, 40oz is really nice and the darker color really goes much better with the seats than the light gray.

Next is a detail day. Need to wax her up and she'll officially be ready!

Last edited: