• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

It's confirmed - no more 24'

haolegirl70

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
NA
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Not a unicorn. We have a second dealership confirming it has changed. He said they were told not to say anything but since we already had another dealership tell us, he was willing to open up a bit. He said he got a look at it and it's designed was influenced by the 27'. He doesn't feel the price will go up too drastically but didn't know for sure obviously. August 12th, as y'all know, will be the official release date. Woohoo!

Canuckjetboater

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length
This will put them in a different competitive set IMO. Although they keep selling everything they can make at top dollar, and the price of everyone else is even higher. I guess I stole a new 2008 23' boat for $34K
@scokill .....my salesman had nothing to gain when he told me that they receive a half dozen calls a day looking for yamaha boats and that there will be "no dealing whatsoever" when the 2021s come out - in fact he said there will be a deposit based waiting list. So, I guess I "stole" my boat too when I got 6K off the listed price and 4K of up-grades? :cool:

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
This will put them in a different competitive set IMO. Although they keep selling everything they can make at top dollar, and the price of everyone else is even higher. I guess I stole a new 2008 23' boat for $34K
Considering I paid $30k for a 2017 19' boat, I would say so.

I would def be interested in a 25ft center console from Yamaha. LOVE the layout and look of the Scarab 255 Open ID, but the brand and drive line give me pause.

Not sure who said it above, but I might be looking used in the fall/spring. I'm ready to upgrade, but anything above the AR240 is out of range of what I'm willing to spend. Love the shade on the 242XE but can't stomach a $75k price tag currently. I'm thinking a gently used AR240 from '12-'14 range might be in my future.

biffdotorg

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Love the shade on the 242XE but can't stomach a $75k price tag currently. I'm thinking a gently used AR240 from '12-'14 range might be in my future.

If we see a new 25' hull with any actual surf capabilities built in, the 242X models used will be getting dumped by owners. As always, I'm not excited about the new release, as much as I am excited about the used boat market as a result of the release.

NewBoater

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Hope it has the swim up seats for chilling in the water the 275 boat has and also hoping for easy walk through like the 275 series from
stern into the cockpit. Also hoping for the adjustable seats that flip back and forward like the 275. Not hoping for the windows on the side of the 275 haha

topherbd16

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212X
Boat Length
I’d be interested if more stock ballast was on board. In the ballpark of 3000 lbs instead of the 1400. And upgrade to a fin like the wedge that flips down with a switch... ahem... just sayin.

Neutron

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Get rid or redesign the A/K. Hate worrying about snapping it off

SCP1

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
Well a 25' won't fit straight in my garage so I guess I will be waiting a few more years for a 22' or 23'. Unless this thing is so sick then I guess I could take up 2 stalls and angle it.

Cambo

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
If we see a new 25' hull with any actual surf capabilities built in, the 242X models used will be getting dumped by owners. As always, I'm not excited about the new release, as much as I am excited about the used boat market as a result of the release.
Real surf capabilities can only be attained with a v drive no hull design or ballast will help, the jet wash knocks the board out from under you if you get anywhere near it. You can go ropeless in a small pocket I have more fun on the surfboard with a long 70' rope at 14mph

jjmparsons

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
id like to see that aft entry and swim platform area like the 27's.

thats a slick setup
THAT GOT MY ATTENTION!!!!!! I completely agree with this. We love our swim platform area but I think loungers like they have on the 27s would be a shot over the moon!!!!

scokill

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Real surf capabilities can only be attained with a v drive no hull design or ballast will help, the jet wash knocks the board out from under you if you get anywhere near it. You can go ropeless in a small pocket I have more fun on the surfboard with a long 70' rope at 14mph

No doubt a better surf experience in every form or fashion with a purpose built boat. But we haven't found that the jetwash knocks the board out from under you and we don't have a small pocket nor issues going ropeless. As a matter of fact, we have a better wave as experienced and knowledgeable jetboaters as some of the newby owners of purpose built boats. Our surfable pocket is 15-20'. I see so many purpose built boats with the surfer surfing 6' from the boat.

212s

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
Get rid or redesign the A/K. Hate worrying about snapping it off
If you mean you're worried about the rudder hitting bottom? If so you're already in too shallow water and have probably sucked up debris into the intakes damaging the impellers and wear rings long before you hit the rudder. I'd also be worried that the bottom of the boat could be damaged as well if you're that close to the bottom. One wave/trough and crunch.

Although jetboats have a shallow draft due to no hanging out-drive, Yamaha warns no less than 3 feet of water when operating the boat (page 139 in our manual "WARNING Never operate in water that is less than 90cm (3 ft) deep...". That's why we walk our boat to the far end of the dock when launching to ensure it's in 3+ feet of water before we start the engines. It also gives room to other boats to launch or retrieve while we're getting ready to depart.

haolegirl70

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
NA
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@scokill .....my salesman had nothing to gain when he told me that they receive a half dozen calls a day looking for yamaha boats and that there will be "no dealing whatsoever" when the 2021s come out - in fact he said there will be a deposit based waiting list. So, I guess I "stole" my boat too when I got 6K off the listed price and 4K of up-grades? :cool:
Yep, everyone is on a deposit based waiting list. We are #2 on ours. Just waiting now for the color choices. I like the walk through design of th 27' and he mentioned this would be now how the 25' is designed, at least similarly.

haolegirl70

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
NA
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Hope it has the swim up seats for chilling in the water the 275 boat has and also hoping for easy walk through like the 275 series from
stern into the cockpit. Also hoping for the adjustable seats that flip back and forward like the 275. Not hoping for the windows on the side of the 275 haha
He made it sound like it will have the similar walk through like the 27' but we'll know for sure soon enough.

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
If the 25' has the same rear walk through as the 27' I'll have a nice used 2019 AR240 for sale! ;)
Depending on what happens with my boat situation, I could potentially be interested in that.

sfadchi

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Depending on what happens with my boat situation, I could potentially be interested in that.
I'll keep you posted. I've had the opportunity lately to sell it for damn near what I paid for it multiple times in the past few months. I just can't be without a boat. Our plan was to buy a Saxdor 32' GTO. Love the look of that boat. We put a deposit down on it and were pricing out options. Just decided to pass on spending $200K on a boat and buy a house in the Keys instead.