• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

It's confirmed - no more 24'

haolegirl70

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
NA
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
We were able to finally get a dealership in Miami to confirm that the 24' is being redesigned to the 25'. This is the message we received:

I was able to reach Yamaha and confirm they are redesigning it to a 25ft boat. Would you be interested in that boat?

Sean Surgeont
Client Concierge Manager

Dixie Highway

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
We’ll find out for sure in about 2 weeks. Aug 12th I believe.

Canuckjetboater

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length
We were able to finally get a dealership in Miami to confirm that the 24' is being redesigned to the 25'. This is the message we received:

I was able to reach Yamaha and confirm they are redesigning it to a 25ft boat. Would you be interested in that boat?

Sean Surgeont
Client Concierge Manager
@haolegirl70 .....bet the new 25 footer will be AWESOME!

biffdotorg

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
They got 10 years out of the 240/242 hull with one major revision, it's time. But until I see it from Yamaha, it's all just unicorns. I would like to start watching for my next "used" boat though. So come on Yamaha, release that animal and settle this crazy boat market down

DaveShip55

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
So, what do ya think the chances are they’ll put the Super Charged motor in a 25 footer, if the rumor is true of course. 😁. And on that note, how are the super charged motors? Seeing as how I’ll definitely be in the market next year! Really like the 2020 AR242X, which might now be the AR252X.

spankybeanz

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
also wondering how much the sticker price is going to jump. I think I'm going with a 212s now.

haolegirl70

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
NA
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
also wondering how much the sticker price is going to jump. I think I'm going with a 212s now.
According to someone else's post, they didn't feel it would go up anymore than the typical year to year increase. I hope he's right.
@haolegirl70 .....bet the new 25 footer will be AWESOME!
If they want to sell me a larger boat at the same price...basically, I'm in lol

4x15mph

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I wonder if this will include a 25 FSH. there will be quite a few interested in that.

GTBRMC

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Yamaha jetboats are no 1 in unit sales in their categories. However, they got there by providing a great value. Each time they step up in size, that value seems to get diluted. When the price points for the 25 footers come out, remember that Yamaha generally stands firm and dealers actually sell their boats near MSRP, where most competitors actually sell well below MSRP.

Like most others here, I can't wait to see the new 25 footers. But, I am quite concerned they will be priced further up the ladder, once again.

Peelz

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Glastron
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
id like to see that aft entry and swim platform area like the 27's.

thats a slick setup

Canuckjetboater

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length
So, what do ya think the chances are they’ll put the Super Charged motor in a 25 footer, if the rumor is true of course. 😁. And on that note, how are the super charged motors? Seeing as how I’ll definitely be in the market next year! Really like the 2020 AR242X, which might now be the AR252X.
@DaveShip55 .....had an SVHO in my 2018 Yamaha FX SVHO Cruiser - the acceleration was ungodly!!!!! The acceleration in our SX195 is fantastic. Huge difference over non-supercharged motors! :cool:

JBehrens

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Hope they enlarge the gas tank!
+1 on the larger fuel tank, twin SVHO's would kill a 50gal quick. Or maybe Yamaha has a replacement to the NA 1.8?

Canuckjetboater

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length
+1 on the larger fuel tank, twin SVHO's would kill a 50gal quick. Or maybe Yamaha has a replacement to the NA 1.8?
@JBehrens .....100% if Yamaha goes to twin 1.8 Supercharged they will need, as a minimum, an 80 gallon tank. The supercharged are pretty good up to 5500 RPM but after that they stop drinking and start gulping. :cool:

AZMark

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Yamaha jetboats are no 1 in unit sales in their categories. However, they got there by providing a great value. Each time they step up in size, that value seems to get diluted. When the price points for the 25 footers come out, remember that Yamaha generally stands firm and dealers actually sell their boats near MSRP, where most competitors actually sell well below MSRP.

Like most others here, I can't wait to see the new 25 footers. But, I am quite concerned they will be priced further up the ladder, once again.
American manufacturers like to put a lot of fluff in those MSRPs and then knock thousands off.
It’s a ridiculous way to price, although I suppose someone walks in and overpays on occasion.

scokill

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
This will put them in a different competitive set IMO. Although they keep selling everything they can make at top dollar, and the price of everyone else is even higher. I guess I stole a new 2008 23' boat for $34K