• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

It's happening..... It's Christmas Eve (in March)

flyingnugget

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
The new boats been at the Marine for a couple of weeks but I just haven't had the time or I've been out of town to go pick her up until now. Heading over to Wedowee Marine (AL) first thing in the morning to get the new addition to the family.

She's a 2024 255XD in Mist Grey!!! Cant wait to take her out on the water, Learn about the iDrive and all the new functions. It's a huge jump from my awesome 2014 242LS.

Can not wait!! The whole family is coming along so it's going to be a fun day (I hope).

Cheers Y'all

giphy.com-media-K2l8gFcatHmsE-giphy.gif

ps...plus it's my Birthday on Friday!!! Great timing :winkingthumbsup"

Be O Be

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Wake
Boat Length
Awesome bro congrats!!! Your gonna love it. I have a 22 255xd and can’t wait to bring her back out too!!!

biffdotorg

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Christmas in March up in here in MN, means there is a round of snow coming. We have had no snow all winter, and all of a sudden we have a forecast of 10-24" before Tuesday. Enjoy your rig! I like your christmas better!

F.M.

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
Congrats!

flyingnugget

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
Well, all went well. Test drive was great and very fun learning a new machine. Even though we couldn't get past 30mph because of the break in period the boat seems to have a crap-ton more power than I was use to in my 242LS. Cant wait to let the Big dog run. Just a few small punch list items but they were noted on the sales agreement and I'll get them addressed at a later date. Nothing functional, so she came home with me today.

Great day for a ride on the lake and sorry @biffdotorg didn't mean to raise your anxiety...There was no snow down here. Beautiful 75 degrees and sunny.

I swear this color is like a chameleon. It looks white at times, then grey, then two colors. One above the rub rail then 1 below. Damnedest thing. Now to figure out what color keel guard. Leaning towards lite grey. Any Mist Grey owners with a suggestion? And yes, the pic with the old bow roller is not an issue. Brought my Stoltz with me and they swapped it during the test drive ;)

IMG_5781.jpegIMG_5782.jpegIMG_5783.jpegIMG_5784.jpegIMG_5788.jpegIMG_5789.jpegIMG_5791.jpegIMG_5793.jpegIMG_5796.jpegIMG_7966.jpegIMG_7968.jpeg

NewGuy

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
Awesome. You'll love it. Mine is a 21' 255XD and I'll say just wait until you can launch it our of the hole. She screams.

Rushfan67

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Other
Boat Model
222S
Boat Length
Congratulations - Beautiful Boat!!!

flyingnugget

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
It has a nice yellow tint to her right now...everywhere. The Pine pollen is in full force. The rain yesterday helped wash some away but it will be back with a vengeance this week with the warm temps.. Almost have her set up and ready to go and hope to finish the break-in Thur/Fri with the nice weather.

connor2002

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
It has a nice yellow tint to her right now...everywhere. The Pine pollen is in full force. The rain yesterday helped wash some away but it will be back with a vengeance this week with the warm temps.. Almost have her set up and ready to go and hope to finish the break-in Thur/Fri with the nice weather.
Can you post the break in specific in your manual?

flyingnugget

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
@connor2002

Yea the manual is pretty liberal and basic for the break in.
Basically:
1) First 5min operate engines below 2000rpm
2) Next 90min operate engines below 5000rpm.

Manual doesn't mention it but it's best to vary the RPM's every few minutes doing whatever break-in period you chose.

That's it.

My dealer had a much more conservative break in. Every 30min you could increase the rpm's slightly till the 3hr mark then let the big dog eat. Dont remember the formula they used.

F.M.

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
I have a friend that raced motorcycles professionally. The manufacturers he rode for, Honda, Suzuki, and Yamaha, all told him a similar break in.

3-5 quarter throttle runs thru the gears
Then
3-5 half throttle runs thru the gears
Then change the oil
3-5 three quarter throttle runs thru the gears
Then
3-5 full throttle runs thru the gears
Change the oil again and go ride it like you stole it. Fully broken in within only about 20 miles of riding.

So I think the dealer is probably really close to correct on how to do it. Vary engine rpm, raising it slightly every 20-30 minutes until ending up at using full throttle around the 3 hour mark. Then let run free!