• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

jet boat #5 in the family

Bilmon

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Sugar Sand
Year
Boat Model
Mirage
Boat Length
My kids first boat. We couldn't water test but it was great on the hose, same 240 Merc I have. It is one clean boat, engine and interior are flawless.Can't wait to try it out, my Mirage. will crack 55 Gps under right conditions and this thing is 900 lbs lighter.He's on the road now[trucker] so maybe Sat11800066_10153355581110743_2901292929493093595_n.jpg

congrats....looks white knuckle fun at >55 !!

wow, that just looks fast, great find

I had a yellow one just like that! You guys are gonna have a blast!

Good looking boat! Proud moment for a father I am sure.

Orange really is the best color... ;) Tell him we said Congrats!

How do you find something like that? That looks awesome!

How do you find something like that? That looks awesome!
Turned up on craigslist in Chicago it's an 07 Tango 240 EFI with 248 hrs books for 13000 to 14500, he paid 12. Guy who had it bought it new but is leaving the country so needed to sell. Skis, knee board,anchor,life jackets and everything else boating he had included.

I have the merc 240 efi as long as you have oil its a great motor and rock solid and ez to work on.

does the engine have the circle top or the rectangular caz they redid the 240 efi around that time?

Old last model year was 2002
fetch

Newer model from 2002 - present
168870_p_t_640x480_image01.jpg

edit thought it was an 03 my mistake i see now its an 07 so it has the new motor

Last edited:
I have the merc 240 efi as long as you have oil its a great motor and rock solid and ez to work on.

does the engine have the circle top or the rectangular caz they redid the 240 efi around that time?
This is the newer 240, I also have one in my 03 Mirage. They changed in 02 I think .Merc stopped making the 240 because of emission standards in 06 I believe so this must one of the last ones. You are right, it's a solid motor since 03 the only thing Iv'e had go bad was one coil

I guess I saw ur avatar and saw 03 so i was thinking o3. I know on seadoo some 03 had the 02 motor in it and some had the 03 motor. congrats on the boat let us know how fast it gets up to. I get up to 56 on gps on my 185 Utopia. I had to get trim tabs to keep the nose down caz I live on a bulk head lake and it gets choppy

Old last model year was 2002
fetch

Newer model from 2002 - present
168870_p_t_640x480_image01.jpg

edit thought it was an 03 my mistake i see now its an 07 so it has the new motor
you posted while I was doing my hunt and peck:D:D Big difference in the two, my daughter has the older style in a 00 Challenger 2000

DR Honda in the seadoo forum is the go to guy if u ever need help on the 240 efi old or new

nice color!

That is a great looking boat @Bilmon. Love the orange!
They made some great looking little hot rods, shame they stopped in 08. Someone was making an attempt to restart last year but that must have failed. Last activity on their facebook page was last winter with a 2014 Tango for sale for 22000.Looked like the one they had pics of built for Minneapolis boat show

Congrats on adding one to the fleet. I love the color. Let us know how it runs when you get a chance to test her out.

I know on seadoo some 03 had the 02 motor in it and some had the 03 motor.

The switch should have been in the 2002 model year for SeaDoo. Our 2002 has the new style 240efi in it.

Plenty of folks on here as well if you need help on that boat, but it looks like you know your Merc Sportjets.

its good to see others with the merc 240 engine on here

Back