• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

jet boat pilot thrust vectors or cobra ak with mega fang for my 2018 ar240???????

ruztew

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Are you trying to open a bad of works?
;)

There's hundreds of threads on them, read through them and decide

Neutron

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Why dont you reply back to the other thread you started on the same topic in the general discussion section.
There were pleny of responses. Otherwise do a search. Cause this topic has been wrung through the ringer and then some

scokill

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Flip a coin. Havent ever needed them but if I had to choose without using them I would probably choose Cobra for construction and flexibility.

MidnightRider

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Malibu
Year
Boat Model
Wake
Boat Length
Opening another duplicate thread isn't going to get you anymore answers. Nobody wants to jump into a conversation on this cause it is so triggered and everyone has strong opinions and it tends to get personal and out of control. As everyone has said, do some search on this subject and you will have no end of information on both systems to make your decision.

Both companies (cobra / JBP) have great products and great customer service. It comes down to what you think you need for more control and nobody can tell you that except you. Like you I'm new to this forum and fins this year. I've spent many, many hours searching and reading threads on this topic to try and make a decision. Here are the highlight conclusions I came to that helped me to make my decision (but there will likely be as many people disagree with my conclusions as will agree, its going to come down to you deciding for yourself).

1. If you like the unadulterated feel of the stock jet steering at speed, JBP TVs - cause they are the "best looking" flip up fins - I think cobra has flip ups but TVs are better looking IMHO.

2. If you want solid "on-rails" feel at speed (i.e. for watersports), Cobra AK - cause they are the only ones "always on"

3. If you want unadulterated reverse steering but on steroids, Cobra Mega Fangs - cause they enhance/focus current directional control of the reverse thrust

4. If you want to be able to control the lateral movement of the stern as though you have big boat stern thrusters, JBP Lateral Thrusters, cause this what they do.

You can mix Cobra AK and JBP lateral thrusters if you want "always on" fins and lateral thrust control.

Personally, I like the idea of lateral thrust and the "always on" fins at speed for watersports, so I went with Cobra AK fins and JBP Lateral Thrusters combo.
Notice I said the "idea of", my decision based only on my research - I may live to regret it or I may live to love it, time will tell and if I don't like it I'll likely try something else.

So again, highly recommend you do your own thorough research and make a decision on what YOU think would be best for your boating needs.

Now I'll leave this here to let people disagree/agree, tell me I'm crazy and that I don't know what I'm talking about and I won't care cause its what I've decided and will find out on my own if I made the right choice. :D

Neutron

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Looks like jonas likes to toss the grenade and run for the hills.

Hasnt replied back to either one of his threads on this topic. But has been back to visit

JeffVans

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Looks like jonas likes to toss the grenade and run for the hills.

Hasnt replied back to either one of his threads on this topic. But has been back to visit
Probably an infiltrator from the "other site" trying to cause dissension among the ranks!!! hahahaha

Grassman

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I would decide what you want to improve on your boat before deciding on either system

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
They were just new here However their parts were shipped to them a while ago so it's a done deal very nice people actually. They have the AK system and mega fangs .

Neutron

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
They were just new here However their parts were shipped to them a while ago so it's a done deal very nice people actually. They have the AK system and mega fangs .
Who are you talking about? The op

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
The people who started this thread.

Neutron

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Thats good and all Jeff,
but you would think they could have the decency of responding to the numerous replies

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Probably an infiltrator from the "other site" trying to cause dissension among the ranks!!! hahahaha
I doubt there are any people on the other site who even know about this site since it is taboo to mention it and keep in mind I have several people on my ignore list so if one of them posted something I would have no idea and I like it that way.
So Yes I was talking about the people who asked the original question no one else!

Neutron

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
What other site?
Who needs another site aside from this one.
Is there even current posts over there?
Just looked, 85 online now here
7 there hmmmm

Zach Ahmed

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
the new boats come with articulating keel. very easy to manuever none of that aftermarket stuff needed just a little practice. my wife can do it all too!

Liveto99

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
My jeep Rubicon came with stuff on it and worked fine, But now I put stuff on it and it is a crap load better! Someone will always make improvements for toys. Your boat comes with a compass, but you might add a GPS.

Zach Ahmed

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
You can also hire a captain to handle your boat for you. Adding thrust vectors to a small boat :rolleyes:

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Thank you for sharing , Glad you like your boat the way it came from the factory, Everyone is different .
For those who want more control and instant response, power steering and power reverse, Slow speed steering enhancements and high speed assistance for improved water sport handling, straight tracking in rough conditions or crowded areas with a lot of boat traffic, as well as guest operators and family members who want to be driving the boat with ease, confidence and predictability.
I know I will be busy making those things happen for the people who don't like the way their boat responds . So welcome to the jet boat community and enjoy your boat.

MidnightRider

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Malibu
Year
Boat Model
Wake
Boat Length
You can also hire a captain to handle your boat for you. Adding thrust vectors to a small boat :rolleyes:
You can also hire a race car driver to handle your sports car for you. Adding performance tires to your sports car. :rolleyes: ---- ;):D

Liveto99

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Did someone make a bow thruster for these yet? I know there is trim tabs. lol