• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Jet Port Popper- A tool to pull stuck plugs

Yamborghini

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
NA

In my endless watching of all YouTube videos on jet boats I've found this.

xoomer

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
You can use a small hydraulic jack on most stuck plugs. I had one that even the jack wouldn't pull out when I bought my used LX so I ended up cutting it out and buying a new plug.

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Those poppers are expensive as I recall. If you take care of your clean out plugs, you won't ever need it!

Donny Hudson

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I bought the jet boat plug popper and changed the lanyard to a chain from Home Depot that was shorter. It works great and I don’t have to tug using rope to get the stuck plugs out. I’m happy I bought it.

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Remember once you remove the stuck plug order the bottom half and replace it so you don't need to deal with the plugs hanging up,
part number is" for-67690-03 "
There are many methods to remove a stuck plug, one is use ice in the tube wait an hour or so, then use a short piece of wood and a nylon hammer and tap down around the edges of the plug, release the T handle button and pull up using a 2 by 4 and a rope tied to the t handle and the 2 by 4 as a fulcrum. also place something under the end of the 2 by 4 to keep it from harming the deck pad. If it does not pull out repeat tapping around the edge of the plug and again pulling it with the 2 by 4 . This usually works the first time.

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
And then get the EZ locks.

GiddYupJoe

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
NA
Man... I forgot all about Yamborghini!

Matt Phillips

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
X2 on what Jeff said above. If your plugs are constantly sticking on your older boat, buy the rebuild kit. It only takes about 10 minutes per plug to change them out, and they will stop sticking. I've also found that removing them when the boat is on the trailer (or even when it's sitting in the slip at the lake for a couple weeks at a time) helps to keep them from sticking

Wayloncle

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@mark_m
@GiddYupJoe
I keep in touch with him, he never wound up buying a boat, he was on the forum researching boats and learning, he was in my area passing through when I lived in FL so I took him out on my boat one day.
He had some life changes so his priorities changed and didn’t get a boat, he is doing great!