• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Jet pump "blueprinting" (how it's done) - by WFO Performance

dan144k

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@swatski
I welded and redrilled part #29 the steering nozzle. At first I used Watcom offset spacers.

I actually also have a spare part #26. Kinda
Funny story because I actually stripped out the aluminum threads by over tightening it while working on it. I repaired with a heli-coil screw thread insert. The insert was slightly extending into the jet thrust, so I ordered a replacement nozzle last summer and changed it out for peace of mind.

It would be great if we could just buy a nozzle with a different offset.

I will need to look at the nozzle I have. I think a friend of mine can make me a wedge. Pretty easily, he hangs out on the boat all summer.

At one point I was thinking of buying a plastic 3d printer to make a wedge but never followed through. Did not trust it would be strong enough.

Also I spoke with Leo from greenhulk a few years ago about the wedges he had and he said they would work for what I was doing. At the time I was hoping to just install it upside down.

4wheeldeal

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
If your interested in the wedge, We have a stocking order going in next week for a bunch
I think I'll start playing around with the idea after I break it in. My first mod if needed is an intercooler. But being in cooler lake temps 75 to 85max I might be ok with the sho one. I'll find out this summer.