• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Jet Pump Impeller Bearing Help

TJlynch0214

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Hey guys I have been part of the forum for many years but for some reason lost access to my other account an email so started a new one, Hoping one of you JetBoat geniuses out there has a solution for me. So we are trying to get the boat ready for Labor Day and the boat is making a whinning kind of a little grinding noise when I put it in gear. I really think its my impeller bearing on the right jetpump. I went to try and get one and cant find any in stock that I can get sooner than a month. Is there another bearing out there I could use or a way to make it work for a weekend? We have tons of family coming and now Im stuck. Its part number is 93306-304U1-00 . Im not sure you can but the shaft has 2 bearings. The 93306-205U1-00 is in stock but the other one is not.

I have a 2007 AR 230. Any ideas of what I might be able to do or am I screwed?

Brad_Ct

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I would think that it would make the noise all the time since the shaft and impeller are spinning whenever the engine is running. I would pull the pump and see if the impeller is rubbing on the wear ring, you can also inspect the bearing at the same time.

Scottintexas

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I agree with brad, it should always be making that sound since the impeller always spins, does it make it when you put it in reverse ??

also, I believe there is a button on your throttles near the base that you can push and it disconnects the bucket so you can increase rpm while the bucket stays in neutral

if it really is the cone bearings you may contact a local jet ski shop, I'd think they'd keep some in stock,

TJlynch0214

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
So I have taken the jetpump apart. The bearing closest to the cone when I try and spin it is crunchy feeling and it smells like burnt grease bad. Totally black in color. I was going to try and clean everything back up and apply new grease in there to see if it spins any better to possibly get one more weekend out of it until the bearings come in. The back bearing seems to spin smoothly.

1. I have tried all parts places and no luck on this bearing 93306-304U1-00 other than in the Japan warehouse. I wish there was another bearing I could use in its place. Im calling local yamaha dealers just incase.

2. If I do put this back together and the bearing siezes while we are out there, what damage can I cause?

3. Any other ideas how I might be able to get through one more weekend? It was cativating and making noise so I turned engine off immediately when I heard it so not sure if it will even run the way it is.

Brad_Ct

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Partzilla is saying 2-3 days to ship but that may not be correct, have you tried SBT in Clearwater Fl.? I saved the bearings when I rebuilt my pump because they looked ok and the part number on the box for the new bearing is 93306-04XB.

Scottintexas

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
You tried independent jet ski shop?

dan144k

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Idea.
Look on ebay or a find a jet boat junkyard (no dont know if any), or find somebody parting out a boat. You may be able to purchase an entire driveshaft and pump housing with good bearing. With or without impeller.
Rebuild your old one and have a spare.

Todd T

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Hey guys I have been part of the forum for many years but for some reason lost access to my other account an email so started a new one, Hoping one of you JetBoat geniuses out there has a solution for me. So we are trying to get the boat ready for Labor Day and the boat is making a whinning kind of a little grinding noise when I put it in gear. I really think its my impeller bearing on the right jetpump. I went to try and get one and cant find any in stock that I can get sooner than a month. Is there another bearing out there I could use or a way to make it work for a weekend? We have tons of family coming and now Im stuck. Its part number is 93306-304U1-00 . Im not sure you can but the shaft has 2 bearings. The 93306-205U1-00 is in stock but the other one is not.

I have a 2007 AR 230. Any ideas of what I might be able to do or am I screwed?
SBT I got the jet pump rebuild kit from them it comes in a kit

Todd T

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
SBT I got the Yamaha jet pump rebuild kit for my ar210 which also has two bearings and two other rubber grommets and an o-ring but it all comes in one kit SBT that's the guys you need to get a hold of

TJlynch0214

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Thanks guys. Will give it a shot! Thanks for all the replies