• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Jet Spray and Tubing

topherbd16

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212X
Boat Length
That is the Crux of the whole thing. It would be great to have a do it all boat at a digestible price point with minimal set up effort. Not sure if it exists. Fishing, Tubing, Cruising around at 50, a Wave Tractor, No Prop, Large Swim Deck, etc. etc. I guess you just go to either one end or the other end and make it work for the outliers.
"Wave Tractor"... ROFL... that sounds like a great name for a true surf boat that a farmer owns.

topherbd16

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212X
Boat Length
I'm going to call jetboatpilot and see where he's at on the TVWs. I believe he took a break from studying advancement iterations to make masks for the pandemic.

TimW451

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Two issues I'm having when towing tubers.
-Rope is mostly underwater
-Jet spray makes it annoying for those tubing.. I've gone to 70' and still they are sprayed and wear goggles to tube.
Buying the Booster Ball is an option for the rope being higher and out of the water... but it's one more thing to lug around my prop friends don't need.
How do you reduce jet spray? Is the Thrust Vector Wake the only option?
I bought a booster ball. Not only did I have jet spray, but the tube would often submarine because of the tow point height. Even if I wasn’t too frugal to buy the TV Wake, I’d still have the latter problem. Other than it being one more thing to fill it is not a burden, and I think it has a better tow rope than the Yamaha one I have.
1600300919129.jpeg

Last edited:

tdonoughue

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
So, two small considerations to add, please:
1) How fast are you towing? The faster you tow, the more spray reaches farther at higher velocity to pelt riders in the face. When I tow it is usually around 20-25 mph tops. Oh, and with slower speeds, towing from the tower is less of a concern...
2) I learned from a post early on how to fling a rider outside the wake. Once there, basically the tube will stay there. Decrease speed a little. Turn one way for about 2-3 seconds, then turn the other way and accelerate slightly. That should pop the tube over the wake. Much cleaner ride out there. Spray makes a big difference when it is not constant. If most of your ride is outside the wake and you pop in for a spray now and then, you have a much better ride.

biffdotorg

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I'm going to call jetboatpilot and see where he's at on the TVWs. I believe he took a break from studying advancement iterations to make masks for the pandemic.
They are finalized for all models except the 24’ boats. The jetwash deflector for the 24’ is still in the works. So this will not effect you with the 21’