• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Jet today gone tomorrow. ( Venting a little winter frustration ) and just a good typical discussion.

OrangeTJ

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Certainly not intending to troll. I think one of the drivers of the creation of this thread was a series of posts that I made in a thread where the original poster wrote the following:

"Looking at purchasing a 2019 yamaha ar242x. This will be the first boat I have ever owned. It will be used for chilling on the boat, tubes being towed, wakeboarding and surfing. No little kids will be on it. Boat is costing 70k, is there any other new boat comparable in price that will offer the same?"

I thought I was providing useful and relevant input in response to the question in the last sentence. That said, I understand the sentiment that started this thread and will respectfully plan to keep my thoughts regarding the relative advantages of v-drives and jet-drives to myself in the future unless specifically asked.

JetMania

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
Both drives are great means of propulsion. There is something to be said for being glued to the water like a v-drive gives you. There’s also more maintenance and concerns having a lower unit.

I love my jet boat. It gets up quick and I have many v-drive owners fawning over her. I say stop drooling on the fence looking at the grass on the other side.

Last edited: