• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Jet today gone tomorrow. ( Venting a little winter frustration ) and just a good typical discussion.

MattFX4

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I don't think that's the right approach. The "problem" is that this is such a great community. We host gatherings, we meet people, make friends, offer advice and tips/tricks, etc. I'm not going to tell one of my friends that they're not allowed to participate on our public forum because he changed brands of boat. I still want to see videos of him/her and his family enjoying the heck out of whatever boat he has, invite them to future gatherings, etc.

We used to have a few members that would post up fishing conquests from jet and other boats. Many enjoyed seeing those catches and the accompanying recipes. We have folks joining the forum just so they can get more info and possibly participate in various trips, regardless of boat type. Shoot, we even have a sailing farmer!! I've learned more about maple syrup here than I ever imagined. ;) . @zipper

I could see a Sub Forum for those discussions, maybe. As @Julian said, stranger things have happened. Or, the community survived a shift in technologies and sites once before. If it continues to grow, maybe we do as @jcyamaharider (maybe facetiously) suggested and move the domain to allboaters.net or upto30footers.net, or who knows. Or, I guess another alternative would be to move some of those more personal (relationship) type threads to FB groups. But, I really don't like FB and until the last 2-3 weeks have pretty much avoided it so far.

I'm not sure what the answer is... but I'm not going to vote any productive and courteous members off the island. :)

Yeah you’re right. Booting is a little harsh. Sub forum is a good idea!

Amar Nanduri

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Challenger
Boat Length
I think I need to keep this thread more interesting by talking about outboards and powered cats 😛

BigAbe75

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I think I'm just going to take a big step back from this thread and forum once I trade off the Yamaha this Saturday. I was going to make a little wrap-up of my Yamaha AR192 experience on that bitter sweet day but I'm just not going to risk bringing anything up again. I do not want to wear out my welcome here and I will just let whatever it is cool down in people's heads. Personally I think cabin fever has got the best of some of you today.
@haknslash I, for one, urge you not to do that. I have enjoyed reading about your experiences, and am anxious to see the pics when you get to visit the factory and see the boat being built. And, can't wait to hear how about all the tweaking that's required to get everything just the way you want it.

I think part of this stems from the time of year... it's boat show season. Folks are going to shows and shopping. Every salesman wants to sell a boat. By coming here, folks are hopefully able to get a more honest response. Every time someone brings up a new purchase or shift to jetboats, the first question we ask is "what's your primary purpose and location?" We do this for a reason. In order to provide the best information, some things need to be known upfront. size of waterbody, vegetation, avg depth, desired activities, etc . All these things go into trying to assist a potential buyer with determining the type of boat they need. Sometimes, the answer comes back that a jetboat may not be best, but sometimes it is.

Anyway, in another month or two the purchasing season will be over and we'll be boating again. And, these discussions won't come up quite so often.

seanmclean

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I think I'm just going to take a big step back from this thread and forum once I trade off the Yamaha this Saturday. I was going to make a little wrap-up of my Yamaha AR192 experience on that bitter sweet day but I'm just not going to risk bringing anything up again. I do not want to wear out my welcome here and I will just let whatever it is cool down in people's heads. Personally I think cabin fever has got the best of some of you today.
I really hope you don't do that. I don't really understand the sentiment behind this thread, but lots of us learned a lot following along with your buying adventure, just like there are plenty of us following zipper's sailing adventure. I'd be just as interested to follow people moving on to a big center console or a cabin cruiser.

Seadoo4me

Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Challenger
Boat Length
Other
Log another tag LOL. I'm wrapping up purchase of my first (and maybe last) jetboat, a teeny tiny Seadoo Challenger 15, twin 720's. We don't ski but the small size works for us and I like the simple if unexciting running gear. Maybe someday I'll need more but night right now.

Brad460

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
We had a Moomba Mobius LSV and have ordered a 2019 AR210 for the following reasons..

Price- we cannot justify spending $70k on a toy we can only use 3 months a year (avg 20 hours). $46k out the door is more reasonable (another $25k is a lot of money). Note- we don’t want a used boat. The Yamaha is a great value!

Layout- we like the layout of the Yamaha for cruising and lounging. The rear swim deck area sold us and the boat is very roomy.

Ride-our Moomba beat us to death in the waves- you literally couldn’t go over 20 mph across the lake with any amount of waves and it pounded your body (my wife hated it). While I don’t know for sure if the Yamaha will be better, I suspect it will be.

Watersports- It can pull a tube, a wakeboarder and surf (I have faith in the Wakebooster). We don’t need a huge wave for wake boarding (as don’t most of you). Our Moomba made an ok surf wake, but we are not pros and surfing isn’t all that. Again I have faith the Yamaha wakebooster with provide a good enough wake for the limited surfing we do (my wife isn’t interested in surfing at all)..BTW- the ballast system in a wakeboard boat is constant maintenance..sometimes won’t fill, sometimes wouldn’t empty,,etc..etc

Quality- Having worked for Yamaha and was part of the development team of the original engine platform for the TR-1 engine I am a bit biased ( this 3 cyl platform originated on the 2005 Vector snowmobile and transformed into what it is today over the years). I know Yamahas quality is top notch.

Honestly my main concern is acceleration (not top speed). Our Moomba accelerated hard but topped out at barely 40 mph. If this AR210 is quick out of the hole I will be happy. While we did order the new boat, before completing the sale I’ll need a test ride to check the performance..I am going to miss the sweat sound of a V8!

Don’t forget, there are 1000’s of stern drives being sold who can’t surf AT ALL...

Last edited:

the MfM

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Got tagged as well. Does that mean I’m a mod now or that admin is watching my poasts?

Four stroke boats are crap. Two strokes are the future!!

(Please don’t banish me)

OrangeTJ

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Listen. Whatever our differences, I think we can all agree on one thing: the 275 is ugly. Can I get an amen?

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
Got tagged as well. Does that mean I’m a mod now or that admin is watching my poasts?

Four stroke boats are crap. Two strokes are the future!!

(Please don’t banish me)
I was tagged and figured they wanted me to be an admin without asking me! Sounds like we have a LOT of admins now! lol!
Didn't read 90% of this thread but sounds like some people are upset about something? Meh... bummer. Hope we all sort it out! I can't wait to go boating again! CMON WARM WEATHER!!!

MidnightRider

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Malibu
Year
Boat Model
Wake
Boat Length
I think that's getting wayyyyyyyy ahead of ourselves.
How so? Nobody is talking about doing anything about this. At this point all it is is an opinion being voiced that there seems to be an uptick lately in v-drive discussions and just don't want to see a trend happen of new v-drive owners starting discussions about using, modding, ballast setups of v-drive boats - its actually interesting and good stuff but this is a jet boat forum. If the opinion of the uptick of v-drive discussion is unwarranted then great, but I don't think its getting way ahead of ourselves to simply bring it up.
I know there was mention by someone of booting non-jetboat owners - I vehemently disagree with that. And I'd hate to see anyone leave that wants to stick around, I think everyone has value to add from a pure boating experience and knowledge basis let alone those that have jet boat specific past knowledge. We need previous jetboat owners, current jetboat owners and prospecting jetboat owners - there is a place and benefit for each one and brings different perspectives on the jet boats and boating experience in general. I think if you think we are getting way ahead of ourselves you are misreading the motivation behind this - at least from me.

Edit: btw @haknslash I personally think your long post about your transition was very appropriate and I really enjoyed following your process.

BigAbe75

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
@MidnightRider I understood @haknslash ”way ahead of ourselves” comment to be referring directly to the sentiment of “booting” folks.

Daron

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Well to be perfectly honest, in my humble opinion, of course without offending anyone who thinks differently from my point of view, but also by looking into this matter in a different perspective and without being condemning of one's view's and by trying to make it objective, and by considering each and every one's valid opinion, I honestly believe that I completely forgot what I was going to say. I can't think of anything to comment so I'm just going to post a Blueberry pancake recipe.

1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon baking powder
1 1/4 teaspoons white sugar
1 egg
1 cup milk
1/2 tablespoon butter, melted
1/2 cup frozen blueberries, thawed

1. In a large bowl, sift together flour, salt, baking powder and sugar. In a small bowl, beat together egg and milk. Stir milk and egg into flour mixture. Mix in the butter and fold in the blueberries. Set aside for 1 hour.A

2. Heat a lightly oiled griddle or frying pan over medium high heat. Pour or scoop the batter onto the griddle, using approximately 1/4 cup for each pancake. Brown on both sides and serve hot.

djetok

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Listen. Whatever our differences, I think we can all agree on one thing: the 275 is ugly. Can I get an amen?
Oh I get it bashing on the yamaha :)
I personally hate the obscene 1960s metal flake on wake boats. Plus they have big butts:)

sethman919

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I think the uptick in V-drive discussion is for a couple of reasons. Number one is that Surfing is the big thing right now and number two Yamaha and salesmen pushing these boats as surf boats. I totally understand Yamaha wanting to get in on a piece of the craze but they shouldn't tell people these are surf boats until they redesign the hulls and clean up the wash.

zipper

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I gotta say I love both of my boats. When I recieved the notification from @Mainah on this thread, I said oh crap, what did I do now? As I have a thread on my experience on buying/owning a sailboat. I have also enjoyed the information in @haknslash 's thread on his new boat. I have also enjoyed many of your other threads, posts and damn nice pics. over the 2 1/2 years I have been here. I hope you stick around sir. Funny, @BigAbe75 The label Sailing farmer fits, but I am also a jetboating farmer. ;) We are full into Maple Season now. The sun is out and cabin fever is abating. @Daron Nice recipe comming from a commercial Blueberry grower.

On the subject...Let me say I have grown to really, if I may say Love this forum. My wife would say I am still a Jetboaters.net addict. I can understand the concern being a jetboat site, and I have thought twice about continuing to keep posting about my lessons learned and experiences with the process of owning/modding our sailboat. But the way I look at it is that everyone has the choise to engage or bypass a thread. I dont like the sailboat forums much as they do not compare to this place. My thoughts are that we need different viewpoints/experiences to keep things interesting especially in the dead of winter. People come and go but this place has been a great source of information on most everything jet boats. In my opinion, I know "they are like assholes, everybody has one". Is that people grow up, needs and expectations in a boat change over time. I am lucky enough that I be able to enjoy my jetboat and my sailboat when the ice melts to water. Ya, it's been 6 mos. on the hard, and 5 wks to go. You think you have cabin fever? I think that in most things in life, diversity is good as long as it is presented in a mindful, respectful and non arguementative way that delivers information that we all may be able to learn something new about is why we come/stay here...boats. Now most here as far as I can tell own Yamaha, as I have for nearly 3 years now. Will we ever upgrade to newer one? IDK, I have two boats that scratch my itch for the price of one new 24'er. In closing, I hope we stay as we are and continue to have open minds about others decisions as we make our ways through life on the water. Enjoy it while you got it.

Last edited:

Peelz

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Glastron
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I don't think the reason for this thread was to address bashing, people talking bad about jet boats or people pushing v-drives. I think (if I understand @jcyamaharider concern) was that because this is such a great forum people that move on to v-drives have/will tend to want to stay connected to this community. This is great, users that still have a lot of knowledge and experience on jet boats are still valuable here even if they have moved away from jet boats and on to v-drives. The caution would be for those folks to resist the urge to repurpose this jet boat forum for their new v-drive forum/discussions and to dilute the focus of this forum. I don't think that is to say that discussions on aspects of v-drive vs jet boats is off limits but its more about keeping this a place that is dedicated to jet boats. I personally see this as a valid concern, I don't think we are anywhere near this danger yet, but if more users transition to v-drives/other types of boats, and also stay connected here, there will be more and more temptation to repurpose using this community/board to discuss their new found love so to speak.
sorry. I brought some personal issues with the interwebz to the conversation lol dont get me started on Harley fanatics bashing "metric" bikes. haha

Agree. I joined because we initially wanted to go jet, but stayed, even though we decided to stick with I/O for the time being, for simplicity's sake. This site is a good resource, with knowledgeable, patient folks. I don't see a problem yet, but understand your concern.

I actually get a lot of useful NON jet specific info here... but if we do go that way, Ill be pretty well versed....

jcyamaharider

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I think some may be reading too far into this. Are you free to create a topic on your specific boat and let everyone click on that thread...... by all means. Do we want to kick you out, hell no. Would we pack up and travel down to see you and boat with you for a weekend, hell yes! @haknslash I have loved reading about your journey to pick out the perfect boat for you. You created that topic and it was my choice to click on it to read. Where I have a problem is if someone is talking about wake surfing or wakeboarding or anything else and someone with an inboard chimes in.... "should have got this or that" This is our board. We didn't make you sell your boat, that was a choice also. Let us love what we have because this is our place to do it.

It was once said ( many times over ) the greatest thing about owing a jetboat is our board and that is very true.

dnicholas47

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I was tagged too so I may as well throw in my $.02. I ditched Facebook a couple of years ago and this is the closest to social media I get. This forum was the biggest reason I bought a Yamaha, and I in fact purchased from the classifieds here.

Having said that I also have learned so much about just general boating things such as supplies, launch and retrieve techniques, recipes, etc. I’ve also watched from afar at all the cool trips and gatherings that this board is responsible for. The people on here have answered every dumb question I have had and never one time were rude about it. Whether folks move on to V drives, I would hope there is a way that they would stay here, for no other reason than being selfish since I have a hell of a lot to learn from anyone willing to not have me drill another hole where I shouldn’t have...(before I started asking the dumb questions).:banghead: