• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Jet Unit Anode

WildCatFan54

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I probably need to replace the jet unit anodes on my 2016 AR240? I have looked at several OE Yamaha websites (they all use the same parts diagram). It calls for part number F1C-U7697-10-00. However the link where you normally click to add it to shopping cart has been removed ? I finally called one of the OE dealers who told me that item had been discontinued by Yamaha ?? They were not aware of an OE replacement and recommended I look for an aftermarket anode. I thought that was a strange response from an OE dealer. The 2017 AR240 is the same situation. However the 2018 calls for part number F3F-U7697-00-00 and in the picture looks to be identical. Does anyone know if this is a suitable replacement

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
the original was magnesium maybe this is zinc ???? but any aftermarket one will work

WildCatFan54

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Thanks Jeff . So I guess my question would be are the dimensions and mounting holes the same on 2018 model anodes compared to previous years ? Zinc or Magnesium should not matter so long as its not the same metal as the pump itself.

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
My guess is yes since they mount on the same bosses but we added both types and used the opposite side bosses for that just re drilled the hole position for one of the bolts to line up with the bosses on the other side not a difficult thing to do fresh water is magnesium salt water is zinc

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Why do you think you need to replace them it is very unlikely they went bad in a couple of years , they are sacrificial so they are supposed to corrode, the one in the picture is just fine

Attachments

WildCatFan54

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Good point. Mine actually look better than that ! I think you just talked me into putting it off until next year. My boat has spent the last two seasons (April thru November) on the water in a wet slip. I had a lift installed this off season so the corrosion should be even less this season ?

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
ok well when it is about non existent is when you replace it s0 I would think you won't need one for about a decade

Matt Phillips

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
My 232 sat in Tahoe each summer for 10-12 weeks and after 5 years, I didn't need to replace them. The general rule of thumb is replace those anodes when they are about 1/2 dissolved.

I also wonder if Yamaha changed the part number on the 18s with the addition of Surfe Point....

Zonie

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
My boat has no anode. Since the OEM magnesium anode is apparently unavailable, can anyone provide a part number or source for replacements?

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
I can not think of any reason to change an anode for surf point maybe they changed the material the anode is made of, I know they had a sticker on the back indicating that the material was magnesium.

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other