• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Jet Wash Switch

nofd843

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH
Boat Length
I am not near the water today, but I was wondering if some of y'all with more experience with the Jet Wash will pipe up, other than the design sucks. I read (yeah I finally looked at the owners manual) and it mentioned it is a three step switch and each pressing will increase the pressure. From what I could find online, there are no electrical connections between the nipple on the jet drive through the nozzle on the hose... so what is the increase of pressure from? Is it just more RPMs on the motor, the same function as the switch next to it? Any insight would be appreciated. Also, has anyone noticed, the fill for the live well is a 3/4" garden hose fitting? If you are not using the live well... it might make a good storage spot for your connected hose... Thank you

Liveto99

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
What boat do you have? Or are talking about? A 19’ from 2007? Looking from your bio.
On my 2018 FSH 21 to increase the flow we have to increase the throttle. I never hit the switch three times so I don’t know if that increases the throttle and I won’t be at my boat until July 8. If you’re cruising along at 40 you have a great flow from the jet wash.

Dixie Highway

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
The water supply to the jet wash only comes from the nozzle, so I imagine it just increases engine RPM. On my 2018 the nipple is on the starboard engine, so maybe it only increases that one?

Dixemon

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Yes only increase rpm of starboard motor. It's a joke. I just have my kid wash everything down while we're running 6500rpm or so.

Frank Marshall

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
There was a post, some time ago. Brand new boat, flooded the engine because the internal jet wash valve broke. Because of that, I keep the internal valve closed. I would be concerned about pushing the rpm's and breaking that valve.