• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

JetBoaters.net Bimini Fling July 9th to 14th 2018

Berrie

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Monterey
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I have split the confirmed registrants into four groups in the first post.

The color coding is

Blue - Group Leader
Purple - Has experience, fixed vhf, plotter and EPIRB
Orange - Has experience
Green - First crossing
@Bruce, you may want to upgrade me to Purple. I haven't crossed to Bimini, but we have crossed from WPB to West End (and on to the Abacos and back). Also have fixed VHF, chartplotter, and EPIRB.
I will also try and activate my XMWeather receiver which should give me storm cells with direction and speed.

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@Bruce, you may want to upgrade me to Purple. I haven't crossed to Bimini, but we have crossed from WPB to West End (and on to the Abacos and back). Also have fixed VHF, chartplotter, and EPIRB.
I will also try and activate my XMWeather receiver which should give me storm cells with direction and speed.
With that gear I may bump you to @Kevin Sargent's lead group.

What is your boats cruising and top speed?

Berrie

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Monterey
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
@Bruce If we have lake-like conditions (like the June group's lame crossing :p) I would probably run 35 and up to 40mph.
Up to 2' waves I can run between 30 and 35.
2'+ and I'll probably run between 20 and 30.
I start to fall off plane at around 20mph, and have to work the throttles hard to maintain speed below 24.

Pedro cruz

Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length

Berrie

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Monterey
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Bimini Sands drafted the 2nd payment today.
Also talked to the shop, she will be ready to go and we will pick her up next Friday (in Jacksonville FL) so we should make it to Harbour Town / Bahia Mar sometime Saturday afternoon.
I have to launch at high tide, which should be around 4pm.
Getting close!

Water Girl

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Bimini Sands drafted the 2nd payment today.
Also talked to the shop, she will be ready to go and we will pick her up next Friday (in Jacksonville FL) so we should make it to Harbour Town / Bahia Mar sometime Saturday afternoon.
Getting close!
Was just going to ask if anyone got the bill for the remaining balances of the condos

Berrie

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Monterey
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Also may have found a (used) outboard for our dinghy, I will go look at it Saturday.
We use our dinghy more as a life raft, but everywhere it's getting shallow and I have to anchor out a little farther than most of you, having the dinghy will be helpful.

Lowstar

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
@Pantelis, @Erica Almond, @Tico-Rafael, @JamesParks, @Dallas, @Mgray, @Lowstar, it may be an error on my part but I do not have condo information for you. If you are going please confirm your condo units.

Additionally I see condo reservations for Matthew Applebaum, Michael Henschel and Chad Casassa that I can not link to registrations. If you know who they are please let me know what registration they are associated with.
Hey Bruce , Lowstar and Michael Henschel are one and the same. My wife and I will be staying in 14b

AbuAyd

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Glastron
Year
Boat Model
GT
Boat Length
I have split the confirmed registrants into four groups in the first post.

The color coding is

Blue - Group Leader
Purple - Has experience, fixed vhf, plotter and EPIRB
Orange - Has experience
Green - First crossing
Thanks Bruce. Will definitely stay green but wanted you to know I installed fixed VHF and chart plotter (still learning how to use it) I also have inReach but have not activated it yet. Did not go for EPIRB.

rsrlegends

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
You can rent an EPIRB from BoatUS or SeaTow for about $100 for the trip. Might be worth consideration.

D3nN1s

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length

Mainah

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
My crew is now a total of 5. My 19yo daughter’s friend is no longer joining us. My daughter is a bit concerned there may not be anyone her age to hang out with. She is a bit of an old soul and I know how adults act on vacation so I told her she will be fine but can anyone confirm other college age adults are part of our group?

Water Girl

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
My crew is now a total of 5. My 19yo daughter’s friend is no longer joining us. My daughter is a bit concerned there may not be anyone her age to hang out with. She is a bit of an old soul and I know how adults act on vacation so I told her she will be fine but can anyone confirm other college age adults are part of our group?
I’ve been known to think I’m still 20 hahaha

Mainah

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Thanks. My daughter feels better now.

Water Girl

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Thanks. My daughter feels better now.
Want to do the pot luck this year? Made a separate thread, not getting many responses.
Group isn’t very responsive this year last year this thread was into over 100 pages haha