• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

JetBoaters.net Bimini Fling July 9th to 14th 2018

Ryuc14911

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Challenger
Boat Length
I know this may be a little of subject but is there a list of things people will be bringing for the potluck? Want to bring something diffrent ;)

Rod5

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
Have we Thought about putting out a list of MMSI numbers for the July group so that way if my butt gets lost someone might be able to find me. Mine is ‘338318103’
I believe this will be done via PM or at the captains meeting so not to broadcast them to all to see on the internet.

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I believe this will be done via PM or at the captains meeting so not to broadcast them to all to see on the internet.
Worried about pirates?

Ryuc14911

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Challenger
Boat Length
@Ryuc14911 could you let me know which registrations listed in the first post are from your group and also your condo number?

Thank you.
Ill be staying on my boat. So no Condo # From what i have been able to confirm with my fleet, the following are mine;
4, 19, & 37

MrMoose

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@Bruce that is why i like the Bayliner 4387. Big enough to live aboard, seaworthy, fuel efficient when going at hull speed, and fast enough to run from an approaching hurricane, or cross to Bimini in about 2-1/2 hours.
I thought that Bayliner hulls crack and take on water when crossing to Bimini. I. E. 2017

Bruce

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I thought that Bayliner hulls crack and take on water when crossing to Bimini. I. E. 2017
There must be a reason they are called "Bottom Liners"?

Berrie

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Monterey
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Most people bashing Bayliners never owned one.... ;)

And yes, the pre-2004 bowriders were crap. Poor quality, exposed wood (= rot), etc.
The large cruiser line however was well built and is getting very good reviews. Many are still being enjoyed despite their age.

MrMoose

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
There must be a reason they are called "Bottom Liners"?
So far, we know that Bayliner hulls crack and Yamaha hulls flex to the point of cracking windshields! ... Didn't a Chap crack a hull in 2017?
I also think that a Chap shattered a windshield in 2017. Conclusion :shit can happen to your boat in the gulf stream, no matter what the brand is. It is kind of scary when you really think about it.

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
I know this may be a little of subject but is there a list of things people will be bringing for the potluck? Want to bring something diffrent ;)
Forgot all about a potluck plan I don't know if there was anything in the works or not

Water Girl

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I just came here to ask the same question lol

Water Girl

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Is it that bad? @Betik
Mosquitos.....BAD
Bring tons of bug spray.
I got bit so bad that I had an allergic reaction to the bites for half the trip and after I went home.
It looked like I was in congestive heart failure as my lower legs and feet were swollen to almost 3 times the size.
I learned my lesson!!

Bruce

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@Water Girl, would you like to start a potluck planning thread?

I will be boring and bring ham.

Water Girl

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
@Water Girl, would you like to start a potluck planning thread?

I will be boring and bring ham.
Yes, what do you think the best way of doing that is? (Excuse my horrible posting skills) lolol
Just start a new one or tag everyone somehow

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Mosquitos.....BAD
Bring tons of bug spray.
I got bit so bad that I had an allergic reaction to the bites for half the trip and after I went home.
It looked like I was in congestive heart failure as my lower legs and feet were swollen to almost 3 times the size.
I learned my lesson!!
They for sure are spraying right now so its not been terrible but they are still there. Biggest advice I can give the July group is bring everything you need or plan on running to North Bimini to get it. Sands has been out of fuel since we got here (at least thats what they told us on arrival but turned out to be a lie as the offered a friend of mine fuel in a 33 ft CC just not us later that day but thats another story) and the restaurant out of most items on the menu and the ship store is very poorly supplied. I figured the blame was on the mail ship burning but after being at the store at resort world and spending the day in North Bimini yesterday the Sands is just flat out doing a poor job as supplies are plentiful in North Bimini including paper supplies that the sands is out of. This will be my last year at the Sands my next trip here I will stay over at resort world or the Hilton I honestly I think its probably worth the 15 min run down the channel.

Water Girl

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
They for sure are spraying right now so its not been terrible but they are still there. Biggest advice I can give the July group is bring everything you need or plan on running to North Bimini to get it. Sands has been out of fuel since we got here (at least thats what they told us on arrival but turned out to be a lie as the offered a friend of mine fuel in a 33 ft CC just not us later that day but thats another story) and the restaurant out of most items on the menu and the ship store is very poorly supplied. I figured the blame was on the mail ship burning but after being at the store at resort world and spending the day in North Bimini yesterday the Sands is just flat out doing a poor job as supplies are plentiful in North Bimini including paper supplies that the sands is out of. This will be my last year at the Sands my next trip here I will stay over at resort world or the Hilton I honestly I think its probably worth the 15 min run down the channel.
Wow no kidding!
I know they were really trying to step up their game since last year. But it sounds like it’s the same as last year, but we at least had gas.
I didn’t pack nearly enough food and supplies I’ve certainly learned my lesson this time around!

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Wow no kidding!
I know they were really trying to step up their game since last year. But it sounds like it’s the same as last year, but we at least had gas.
I didn’t pack nearly enough food and supplies I’ve certainly learned my lesson this time around!
I planned to eat two dinners at the restaurant onsite and just so everyone knows it is not currently open for dinner so you must leave property to eat dinner out. This has been my most disappointing visit to the Sands yet and the fuel deal being offered to someone else and not our crew really threw me over the edge. The next morning they did offer fuel to our guys here and some people from the group radioed they had 900 gallons and to come get it before it was gone. The fuel barge arrived tonight so interested to see the situation tomorrow. There has been plenty of fuel around I filled up at Bluewater Sunday and at Cat Cay today.

Water Girl

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I planned to eat two dinners at the restaurant onsite and just so everyone knows it is not currently open for dinner so you must leave property to eat dinner out. This has been my most disappointing visit to the Sands yet and the fuel deal being offered to someone else and not our crew really threw me over the edge. The next morning they did offer fuel to our guys here and some people from the group radioed they had 900 gallons and to come get it before it was gone. The fuel barge arrived tonight so interested to see the situation tomorrow. There has been plenty of fuel around I filled up at Bluewater Sunday and at Cat Cay today.
Also very interested in the outcome tomorrow. I had dinner there at the restaurant last year 2 nights and it was actually very good (even though they were out of a lot of stuff)
I would of been ticked off as well with that gas situation.

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I believe they wait a minimum a day after a resupply for the fuel/tanks to settle.

--