• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

JetBoaters.net Bimini Fling July 9th to 14th 2018

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
Kinda freaking out.
So much to do so little time!

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
Systems check...
Bad battery on number one.
Everyone should test everything!
This battery was fine last weekend!

AbuAyd

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Glastron
Year
Boat Model
GT
Boat Length
Missing flares. What do you all recommend to buy? Thank you.

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Walmart has reasonably priced flares on the shelf. Up to you if you want the four pack of hand launched flares or the plastic gun. I have both.

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
Typically not shippable either so maybe call ahead to places

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
If we get water like today, you do not need a battery. You just swim to Bimini
They shoulda had that sup fundraiser thing!

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
Was researching mmsi for my vhf.
Found Bahamas custom information here:
https://theboatgalley.com/bahamas-checklist/
Which states as a REQUIREMENT:
VHF/SSB license & MMSI number. You need a US license to operate (transmit) your VHF and SSB in the Bahamas. The MMSI number for your VHF – important for emergency transmissions – also needs to be an “international” number issued by the FCC. The MMSI numbers issued by BoatUS do not qualify; however, if you already have one from Boat US, it’s a real pain to switch – you generally have to send the radio back to the manufacturer. Get your US Ship’s Radio License and MMSI number here – information is on this page, with the links to forms about one-third of the way down the page. (It takes a while to get the paper licenses, but you can get the license number and other info online in just a couple of days; a printout of this is sufficient.)
please advise!

Bruce

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
please advise!
VHF Radios are used like walkie talkies off and on shore in Bimini. There is no enforcement of any rules on their usage.

As for MMSI a fully registered MMSI would be better but the most likely response would be from the USCG for whom the BoatUS MMSI is sufficient. The limitation with the BoatUS registration is that international rescue agencies will not be able to lookup your boat details.

Mainah

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
If we get water like today, you do not need a battery. You just swim to Bimini
I have to ask with water that smooth did you actually sacrifice your MIL to Poseidon? Please do whatever you did the same in July. Even get married again if nessacary to sacrifice another MIL.

Betik

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@Mainah i begged and prayed a lot prior to the crossing. I will go through the same ritual before the July crossing. Fingers crossed.

My own mother has volunteered to take my MIL place to get the waters in July. Let’s hope Poseidon like her the same.

PS I kind of feel bad for talking @bronze_10 to buy tabs. Totally unnecessary on Sunday

bronze_10

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@Mainah i begged and prayed a lot prior to the crossing. I will go through the same ritual before the July crossing. Fingers crossed.

My own mother has volunteered to take my MIL place to get the waters in July. Let’s hope Poseidon like her the same.

PS I kind of feel bad for talking @bronze_10 to buy tabs. Totally unnecessary on Sunday
It was but I could still tell a difference... The other boats would slap the water when they went over the one or two wave we saw! Lol

Betik

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
“You have been a BAD wave” ....... SLAP

Jessenia Serrano

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length

Bruce

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
No condo, staying on the boat. Reserved slip at Bimini Sands from July 9th through July 14th.
Are you sleeping on a SX210 in the Bimini Sands marina?

1. AC is nice.
2. You will make excellent feed for the mosquitos and noseeums.
3. I am a comparatively a wimp.

Betik

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Is it that bad? @Betik
it all depends on the level of attraction your body has to the local "mosquitoes". Are you old news or exotic meat.
I can only speak for ourselves and for us the top 4 deterrents ( as of right now) against Bimini are

1. Mosquito or jiggers or whatever those suckers are
2. Feeling bad for our boat
3. Not enough vacation days
4. Money

What I am figuring out it that the veteran are suggesting something I probably listen. For example, when they say NO LOOSE OBJECTS in the cockpict, they mean NO LOOSE OBJECTS in the cockpit. I am finding out that a lot of things that made no sense when I read about it, they make a lot of sense when I am in there.

At the end of the day you can could get a condo for $2000 or less. And for me it is more like a insurance policy. I cannot imagine in 2017 have to sleep on a boat after that crossing. And on Top of that dealing with a bloodsucker getting inside the cabin.

Lowstar

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
Was researching mmsi for my vhf.
Found Bahamas custom information here:
https://theboatgalley.com/bahamas-checklist/
Which states as a REQUIREMENT:
VHF/SSB license & MMSI number. You need a US license to operate (transmit) your VHF and SSB in the Bahamas. The MMSI number for your VHF – important for emergency transmissions – also needs to be an “international” number issued by the FCC. The MMSI numbers issued by BoatUS do not qualify; however, if you already have one from Boat US, it’s a real pain to switch – you generally have to send the radio back to the manufacturer. Get your US Ship’s Radio License and MMSI number here – information is on this page, with the links to forms about one-third of the way down the page. (It takes a while to get the paper licenses, but you can get the license number and other info online in just a couple of days; a printout of this is sufficient.)
please advise!
Have we Thought about putting out a list of MMSI numbers for the July group so that way if my butt gets lost someone might be able to find me. Mine is ‘338318103’