• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

JetBoaters.net Bimini Fling July 9th to 14th 2018

Rod5

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
I think several of us are anxiously wanting to gain that extra island day by leaving Sunday if it can work out that way. I’m already paying for Sunday at Bimini Sands because wife and daughter are flying over on Sunday regardless.

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Sailflow’s first forecast for Monday looks great. The forecasts are all over the place. My best guess is that a front was predicted to move in from the East and the predictions of strength and timing of that front are widely varying.

282C997C-8DA3-4AF3-A66A-65F4CCB48E45.png

Bruce

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@Rod5, @newbote, we would need both a significantly better forecast for Sunday vs Monday and a good water forecast during the week to justify a Sunday crossing.

It is way too early to make those calls. Currently SailFlow shows Monday morning as the best crossing conditions and WindFinder shows us stuck in the marina for days after arriving in Bimini.

These unstable forecasts are not times for first time crossers to take off on their own.

BBottoms

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Our current plan is to start driving from KY on Friday morning. We're planning a detour through Clearwater to see some friends on Friday night/Saturday but if anything moves around we can be there and ready for a Sunday crossing. With that said I'd prefer Monday if it's only a nominal difference as currently shows. My unit at Bimini Sands isn't available on Sunday so we'd have to work around that as well. Sounds like we've got a huge group with 40+ boats. If most are staying at Bimini Sands it could be hectic trying to add a night.

Ryuc14911

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Challenger
Boat Length
To make matters even more difficult, even if ocean activity settles, there is a lot of precipitable water in the air in Bimini as of the 7/6/2018 @ 1700, Which is as far as models will show me. Depending on how winds play out, we can expect to not see much sun during the week at bimini. The percepital water should move north as the high and low pressures balance out. There are high chances of us getting a rain day while there

Attachments

Bruce

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length

Water Girl

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I thought you were 19? Pretty sure we are the same age.
THATS EXACTLY IT hahaha
We have same birthday month so yes that makes you about 19. Go figure lolol

Water Girl

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
To make matters even more difficult, even if ocean activity settles, there is a lot of precipitable water in the air in Bimini as of the 7/6/2018 @ 1700, Which is as far as models will show me. Depending on how winds play out, we can expect to not see much sun during the week at bimini. The percepital water should move north as the high and low pressures balance out. There are high chances of us getting a rain day while there
Can I dislike this post and live in denial instead? Lolol

Bruce

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Is anyone planning to start their tow before Wednesday?

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
Is anyone planning to start their tow before Wednesday?
We will be leaving Thursday morning.
If all else fails we're going to visit the Florida Keys the Everglades and Susan's sister over in Tampa

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
Hey wait! Am I the farthest traveling person for our group? I believe off the top of my head it's about 1300 some miles from my house to Bahia Mar

Bruce

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Hey wait! Am I the farthest traveling person for our group? I believe off the top of my head it's about 1300 some miles from my house to Bahia Mar
You have me beat by 50 miles.

Betik

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
1,359 miles and I am staying for half a day. Stop the weaning and start praying

PS. no I am not taking the back road in Mississippi. I want all my wheel touching the payment the entire time. I will play dukes of hazard another time.

Bruce

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
PS. no I am not taking the back road in Mississippi. I want all my wheel touching the payment the entire time. I will play dukes of hazard another time.
What is this about me and eight wheels in the air?

Betik

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
10 wheels, no ?
I bet the spares for trailer and truck were on the air too right :jimlad:

BBottoms

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
You all are making me feel bad for dreading a 1000 mile drive....

BBottoms

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
We will be leaving Thursday morning.
If all else fails we're going to visit the Florida Keys the Everglades and Susan's sister over in Tampa
I like your style. My back up plan is to stay in Clearwater for the week at my college roomie’s and boat the Gulf side.

Berrie

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Monterey
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
1,359 miles and I am staying for half a day. Stop the weaning and start praying

1,436 miles one-way. But that is the shortest route which has a few steep and long inclines in it, so I'm taking the scenic route. 1,525 miles.
And my boat weighs WAAAAAAYYYYY more than any of all y'alls....