• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

JetBoaters.net Bimini Fling July 9th to 14th 2018

Ramblin Wreck

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Bimini similar.
Just ahowing for the curious.
View attachment 78065
I think sunday would be the day to cross.
If my boat hardly leaves the marina, that will be a bummer but look where i would be at!

I think you'll find the stream and bimini to act differently with the wind due to the significant difference in depth. You might have chop around Bimini but I don't think 12 to 15mph winds will keep you in the marina.

Last edited:

BBottoms

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
What's generally the more accurate Bimini forecast, Sailflow or Windfinder? Sailflow only goes to Tuesday but is only showing 1 footers versus 2-3 footers in Windfinder. Granted both show mid-teens for winds.

Berrie

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Monterey
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
What's generally the more accurate Bimini forecast, Sailflow or Windfinder? Sailflow only goes to Tuesday but is only showing 1 footers versus 2-3 footers in Windfinder. Granted both show mid-teens for winds.
15mph winds and waves of 1’ or less only exist in the land of unicorns.
They seem to exist but no one has ever seen them.

Ryuc14911

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Challenger
Boat Length
The crossing is not the issue. There is a small window to cross in the AM, true enough. But through out the week in Bimini there will be higher waves coming in from the Exumas side through out the week. Yes we will be able to make it, but how much water activity will be had with rough waters. Those going will need to have good anchors, strong stomachs and hell of a lower back (Those on jetskis). Based on forecast models and what can be seen as of now, those higher wave fronts keeps moving in from the north. High pressure in the area, and precipitable water in bimini, just seem as of right now that everything will begin to normalize by Thursday 12 and/or Friday 13. LMAO I just noticed that i wrote Friday the 13th. Any one superstitious?

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
Wait, so there is a chance i could get there and be stuck extra long?
Glad i already signed up!

Rod5

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
We refer to the conditions being described as Beach weather! Its not always ideal but you make the best of what the day brings. Many days in the Gulf we've had to rough it or pound our way over to the back side of some inlet or landmass and pass a good time. Either way a bad weather day at the beach is still better than any day at work! Add in the adventures of a new tropical place to see and explore, bring it on!

Pedro cruz

Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Thanks Bruce. Will definitely stay green but wanted you to know I installed fixed VHF and chart plotter (still learning how to use it) I also have inReach but have not activated it yet. Did not go for EPIRB.
Ok hi Bruce how things are looking for July 9 ...too many different info coming from other chats

Betik

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Ok hi Bruce how things are looking for July 9 ...too many different info coming from other chats
one this is for sure. this is not going to be a June crossing.

FYI: @Andy S made the call for June on Wednesday, so I will not expect a solid answer until Thursday morning.

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Hopefully the forecast and the resort make changes for the better in the next few days. We could deal with either bad weather or resort problems. But when both are a problem?

D3nN1s

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
55174277-D479-4259-A73D-48F5F4ADB72C.png
Well, I’ll take 10-15 mph winds in Bimini rather then the 109 degrees here...

Pedro cruz

Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Hopefully the forecast and the resort make changes for the better in the next few days. We could deal with either bad weather or resort problems. But when both are a problem?
Ok ...sorry what do you mean with resort?..
So so far we still up for the 9th?

newbote

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
We need to cancel the Bahi Mar rooms tomorrow- for those of us that booked for Saturday night. Also - is the refund policy the same as in past years at the Sands? That will play in part of my decision as well.

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
We need to cancel the Bahi Mar rooms tomorrow- for those of us that booked for Saturday night. Also - is the refund policy the same as in past years at the Sands? That will play in part of my decision as well.
I'm not sure I would cancel my trip over this. I agree with @Ramblin Wreck you can still find cover you just may have a bumpy ride to get to it. It may take some things like the sapona out of play but if this was my vacation plan I would probably still hold on to it. There are nice beaches to visit and you can still go hang out on North Bimini. Will it be as much fun as with calm weather no but a good time still could be had. If I had been several times would I consider changing plans possibly but if it was my first time I would still strongly consider it.

Bruce

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
The "developer's staff" at Bimini Sands has demanded that the prepaid reservations be cancelled for the following condos that are owned by the developer.

I want to get this list out there so that you can be aware of the situation as you are preparing to depart for Fort Lauderdale. The Rentals At Bimini Sands staff are working to assign other condos to your and my reservations. We may know our new condo assignments before the end of the day.

4M - @Bruce
5F - Marcus Thompson - @Water Girl
5H - @JerseyYami
7L - @newbote
7R - @newbote
13D - @Omar8thgen
14B - @Lowstar
14D - @steven rivera
14E - @Rod5
14H - @zedxmike
14J - @Patricia Mershon
14K - @Kevin Sargent

The status of our slip reservations is unclear at the moment.

I will update as soon as I know more.

BigN8

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Man! I am drawn to these 2 threads like a bug to a zapper just out of sheer amazement to the depth of planning, agonizing, and then execution of these trips! I'm not even going and as I read through the weather and wind forecasts I can feel my own anxiety growing. Hats off to you folks! I guess I'll just stick to boating in lakes and then come summer time I fly the family to exotic locals like Puerto Aventuras, Tulum, Akumal, Belize, and this year Costa Rica.

Safe travels to Bimini Round II (BR II)!!

DieselCamel

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
World Cat
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
The "developer's staff" at Bimini Sands has demanded that the prepaid reservations be cancelled for the following condos that are owned by the developer.

I want to get this list out there so that you can be aware of the situation as you are preparing to depart for Fort Lauderdale. The Rentals At Bimini Sands staff are working to assign other condos to your and my reservations. We may know our new condo assignments before the end of the day.

4M - @Bruce
5H - @JerseyYami
7L - @newbote
7R - @newbote
13D - @Omar8thgen
14B - @Lowstar
14D - @steven rivera
14E - @Rod5
14H - @zedxmike
14J - @Patricia Mershon
14K - @Kevin Sargent

Wow

Rod5

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length

4M - @Bruce
5H - @JerseyYami
7L - @newbote
7R - @newbote
13D - @Omar8thgen
14B - @Lowstar
14D - @steven rivera
14E - @Rod5
14H - @zedxmike
14J - @Patricia Mershon
14K - @Kevin Sargent

So do we wait or call them? Marci is out and the folk at Ft Lauderdale office have no clue about this.

Bruce

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
So do we wait or call them? Marci is out and the folk at Ft Lauderdale office have no clue about this.
No need to call. They are working on it.

newbote

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
No need to call. They are working on it.
We had connecting condos which I am sure we won't get again. I think they should give us some sort of option for a refund if we can't be accomdated with very similar rooms. I still want to go but I know my wife will not like if we can't get connecting rooms.

Thanks again Bruce for all you do as I know this is not your fault and you are doing everything you can.

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

4M - @Bruce
5H - @JerseyYami
7L - @newbote
7R - @newbote
13D - @Omar8thgen
14B - @Lowstar
14D - @steven rivera
14E - @Rod5
14H - @zedxmike
14J - @Patricia Mershon
14K - @Kevin Sargent

I kind of suspected something else was up with building 14 as there were others staying in building 14 even after we were all booted out of it.