• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

JetBoaters.net Bimini Fling July 9th to 14th 2018

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

Ryuc14911

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Challenger
Boat Length
just checked weather passage and it seems that the crossing conditions have improved a bit. There is hope! Between the am and noon, looks like some chop exiting the inlet about 10-15 miles off shore.

Attachments

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
If we go back I think we will share a house with someone.
If you go back I though you had to go back multiple times to justify the cost?

bronze_10

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I want too... But the boat still isn't fixed.. The IF part is weather a 400 dollar ecu rebuild or even a 1k ecu replacement will fix it or find out a 3k motor will fix it! Lol. Either way this was an epic vacation... And an epic adventure... And an epic bill! Lol

Berrie

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Monterey
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I was in Treasure Cay last summer. Nice place in great shape for $175/night (2bed/2bath + free slip).
However it is not as weather protected as is being suggested. Still had 2-1/2’ waves which made it less pleasnt to go to other places. Even the protected places stayed rough with a 15mph south wind.

Valerie

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
PWC
The only problem I came across when looking into renting somewhere else was the cancellation policy
The sands HAD the best policy if conditions were not favorable for crossing
Most of the private homes you were SOOL if the weather wasn’t good

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I was in Treasure Cay last summer. Nice place in great shape for $175/night (2bed/2bath + free slip).
However it is not as weather protected as is being suggested. Still had 2-1/2’ waves which made it less pleasnt to go to other places. Even the protected places stayed rough with a 15mph south wind.
While we were there we had 2ft chop the whole time as well but we had no issues finding protected coves to snorkel and beach in. Sounds like you were looking in the wrong spots. Traveling between locations was bumpy but far from unpleasant even in our non mini van boats.

justason

Jetboaters Admiral
SWAG Forum Lead
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
If we go back I think we will share a house with someone.

bwaha aaha ah aha ah aha ah a pick me !!! pick me !!!!! what could possible go wrong !!!

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
weather is expected to worsen in abaco mid next week. Its safer in bimini out of the 2 choices. One of my models is showing a small hurricane type storm forming off the coast of brazil due North
10.26°N, 40.16° W moving slowly WNW.Its expected to decipitate by 7/6 @1900. storm is pushing winds west. Majority of the winds are pushing south of PR, DR and Cuba. But some are heading north causing the wave activity to increase.
Just wanted to say my guy said the same general thing. Said it could pop up into nasty i think he put it.

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
4 bedrooms, 4 families and four boats for $300 + 15% tax for each family???
I was thinking more like 2 families at $600 a night plus tax each. For my boat to be in my back yard and not have to show up and wonder who is going to be in my slip this time, fully stocked stores, restaurants and bars with in walking distance free air conditioned transportation around the property, private pool in my back yard, bugs being significantly less relevant, having toilet paper and staying in a beautiful house yeah I would say all that is worth the extra money to me but may not be to some.

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
I leave tomorrow morning.
My wife says if it's a mess of a pool and such the kids are gonna uncooperative.
We can snorkel most a day and visit lots of cool stuff but reality is, my kids need a solid base camp of sorts.
I will be checking this thread when off of work tonight around midnight to catch up and obviously tomorrow morning and i probably will eat lunch on way to highway. By the time i reach kentucky i will need the decision because i will stop at my favorite puddle.

BBottoms

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I leave tomorrow morning.
My wife says if it's a mess of a pool and such the kids are gonna uncooperative.
We can snorkel most a day and visit lots of cool stuff but reality is, my kids need a solid base camp of sorts.
I will be checking this thread when off of work tonight around midnight to catch up and obviously tomorrow morning and i probably will eat lunch on way to highway. By the time i reach kentucky i will need the decision because i will stop at my favorite puddle.
Which puddle is that? Guessing Cumberland or Dale Hollow?

Last edited:

seanmclean

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I was thinking more like 2 families at $600 a night plus tax each. For my boat to be in my back yard and not have to show up and wonder who is going to be in my slip this time, fully stocked stores, restaurants and bars with in walking distance free air conditioned transportation around the property, private pool in my back yard, bugs being significantly less relevant, having toilet paper and staying in a beautiful house yeah I would say all that is worth the extra money to me but may not be to some.
This sounds good to me. I’ve been following both threads ardently as we are planning a ‘19 crossing. Between the feedback from the June group and this nonsense, the Sands is almost entirely a no-go for me.

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Just to give everyone an update, I have exchanged many emails with Peter Maury of Bimini Sands Marina Limited and The Association of Bahamas Marinas who ordered the cancellation of twelve family’s properly booked and fully paid reservations without any notice or explanation. He is consistently side stepping the issue and avoiding straight answers. I have copied the developer and his grand daughter on many of those emails.

I also have phoned and texted the developer’s grand daughter. So far without answer.

Additionally I have reached out to the Island Councellor who is effectively the mayor of Bimini for assistance.

Finally I have requested that Rentals at Bimini Sands Limited contact the developer and Peter Maury to confirm the current status of those reservations.

I will try these contacts again tomorrow morning and let you know the status at that time.

Ramblin Wreck

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
What Bimini has going for it is the natural wave break of the Bahamas bank. I spoke to a local who has lived there for 5o+years and he was telling me how it solves most of their hurricane issues. He said they only get concerned when one forms in the Atlantic between them and the US. At that point it’s pretty rough. That’s why I personally would not be concerned with a little wind while there. You’ll have some rough spots but not enough to ruin a vacation IMO.

Last edited:

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length

Rod5

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
Thanks so much for the update @Bruce! We appreciate all your help and going well beyond the call to duty for this volunteer position you are in. Certainly you hadn’t planned on spending your July 4th holiday trying to straighten out a huge avoidable mess someonelse created for some apparent self serving reason. I’m glad you are on it and looking forward to more updates tomorrow. Thank you and fingers crossed it all works out and they do the right thing by us all.