• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

JetBoaters.net Bimini Fling July 9th to 14th 2018

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Yes not just few hundreds .we are in the thousands and still havent heard anything if we wait till Thursday theres more money down the drain cuzz bahia mar has 72 hours cancelation policy being a hilton
Up to you when you want to cancel.

I am holding out hopes for an improvement in either the management or the water.

Just so everyone knows that I am in the same boat, here is the confirmation email for my cancelled condo.

1A089FF8-1386-4C4B-9426-CFB94CC49640.png

Bruce

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@Pedro cruz, this is quite an exceptional circumstance for all of us. I suggest giving Rentals At Bimini Sands some time to work things out. The are very responsive and helpful to my communications and are doing everything they can to help with the cancelled condo situation.

My condo is cancelled as well. My focus is on finding condos for all of us. I have not even asked about mine.

Betik

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Actually so far they havent officially comunicated renters about this ....they was quite surpriced yesterday when we call and question about the situation
I think it might be a bit premature to take legal action at this point. A phone call to your credit card should be adequate.

In all honesty, if you expect US level of customer service I think you should cancel the trip regardless. Even if the weather improves ; you will be frustrated when you try to clear customs or wait too long on a restaurant or people taking your slip and the dock master taking its sweet time to help you. This vacation is not an ALL inclusive kind of place

Pedro cruz

Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Up to you when you want to cancel.

I am holding out hopes for an improvement in either the management or the water.

Just so everyone knows that I am in the same boat, here is the confirmation email for my cancelled condo.

View attachment 78140
Hey Belive me i know not your fault i totally agree you in the same boat ..i know you are one more VICTIM of the situation

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Damm ok theres a lot of money involve on this .good thing you have nothing to do with this but unfortunately we have a signed contract and money was collected and cancelation policy goes both ways so they having office ft lauderdale i am sorry we are taking legal action on this matter ...andcthe cherry on top let me guess they decided to take a Holliday today?
I understand your frustration and there are currently 12 others including @Bruce in your exact same spot. If you do not want to wait and see if the Bimini Sands is going to find you a unit all you have to do is call either your credit card company or your bank that you paid from and they will refund your money right now to you. I understand the situation sucks but it is easily resolved on your part and at that point if you still want to go just call resort world or the Hilton in Bimini and make a reservation.

Mainah

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
FWIW I can pivot to the following week if there is availability. It is likely I will be canceling/moving my ft lauderdale lodging tonight and my oceanview 2br with loft in Bimini if the weather forecast does not improve.

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
My next time I go I will rent one of the channel house at Bimini Bay they are pricey but to have all the resorts amenities right there and my boat in the back yard would be worth it.

Pedro cruz

Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I understand your frustration and there are currently 12 others including @Bruce in your exact same spot. If you do not want to wait and see if the Bimini Sands is going to find you a unit all you have to do is call either your credit card company or your bank that you paid from and they will refund your money right now to you. I understand the situation sucks but it is easily resolved on your part and at that point if you still want to go just call resort world or the Hilton in Bimini and make a reservation.
I totally understand i get it just frustrating ....just frustrating and more when honestly the renters hasn't comunicate with us at all that is the most upsetting part

Pedro cruz

Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
@Pedro cruz, this is quite an exceptional circumstance for all of us. I suggest giving Rentals At Bimini Sands some time to work things out. The are very responsive and helpful to my communications and are doing everything they can to help with the cancelled condo situation.

My condo is cancelled as well. My focus is on finding condos for all of us. I have not even asked about mine.
Once again want clarify im not blaming you for all this just upsetting for a lot of personal reasons

Bruce

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I totally understand i get it just frustrating ....just frustrating and more when honestly the renters hasn't comunicate with us at all that is the most upsetting part
This situation is very fluid. They also are reacting to insanity that is out of their control.

DieselCamel

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
World Cat
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Seems as if someone is trying to nail the coffin shut. If they decrease the rental pool it’s going to take money out of everyone’s pocket involved ie: marina, ships store, unit cleaners etc... place will have lots of “character” in the near future if this continues.

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
when honestly the renters hasn't comunicate with us at all that is the most upsetting part
This part I can personal empathize with as the same happened to me with them. They canceled my condo and switched my unit with out telling me.

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Maybe some of you guys with experience could make a quick pivot to Abaco instead of Bimini? I see plenty of lodging available on vrbo in Treasure Cay most comes with a boat slip even the house I rented last year is available. The weather probably would not effect your vacation as much there. The run from West Palm to West End would be about the same to as to Bimini but the rest of the trip would be in mostly protected waters. Most of the things we did in Abaco was in protected water as well with plenty of land activities also available so a little wind really didn't matter much as we were mostly running in protected water. I'm sure @Andy S still has the chart with the points of interest on it that could be shared.

https://www.vrbo.com/1259153

D3nN1s

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
anyone already start driving?

Pedro cruz

Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
This part I can personal empathize with as the same happened to me with them. They canceled my condo and switched my unit with out telling me.
Wow... well we just giving time till tomorrow to see if we can have a plan B

Ryuc14911

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Challenger
Boat Length
weather is expected to worsen in abaco mid next week. Its safer in bimini out of the 2 choices. One of my models is showing a small hurricane type storm forming off the coast of brazil due North
10.26°N, 40.16° W moving slowly WNW.Its expected to decipitate by 7/6 @1900. storm is pushing winds west. Majority of the winds are pushing south of PR, DR and Cuba. But some are heading north causing the wave activity to increase.

Attachments

D3nN1s

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
guess were gonna have to earn the "I survived the Bimini Crossing" shirts, huh...

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
weather is expected to worsen in abaco mid next week. Its safer in bimini out of the 2 choices. One of my models is showing a small hurricane type storm forming off the coast of brazil due North
10.26°N, 40.16° W moving slowly WNW.Its expected to decipitate by 7/6 @1900. storm is pushing winds west. Majority of the winds are pushing south of PR, DR and Cuba. But some are heading north causing the wave activity to increase.
Yes but missing the key point here you would be in protected waters in Abaco the bad weather would have less effect on wave conditions in Abaco then in Bimini where the island is all by itself. As for precipitation well that is part of coastal forecasting the rain chance in both places should be close to 50 percent each day but the chance of you see rain for more them a few minutes is still pretty low unless there is a physical tropical system of some kind there.

Last edited: