• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

JetBoaters.net Bimini Fling July 9th to 14th 2018

Mainah

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Want to do the pot luck this year? Made a separate thread, not getting many responses.
Group isn’t very responsive this year last year this thread was into over 100 pages haha
Sorry to say no one in my group is a great cook moatly because we don’t invest much time into cooking becuase life keep us too busy. We also eat pretty healthy. This means we usually bring beverages, paper products, etc. Don’t hate us.

Given that some and space capacity has freedes up on our boat. We could grab plently of quinoa salad from Costco which is a great healty side even in the heat. Make a fresh Caesar salad. Or we could just bring a case of highly rated red wine. Count us in if any of that sounds appealing and let me know which one.

Mainah

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Sorry to say no one in my group is a great cook moatly because we don’t invest much time into cooking becuase life keep us too busy. We also eat pretty healthy. This means we usually bring beverages, paper products, etc. Don’t hate us.

Given that some and space capacity has freedes up on our boat. We could grab plently of quinoa salad from Costco which is a great healty side even in the heat. Make a fresh Caesar salad. Or we could just bring a case of highly rated red wine. Count us in if any of that sounds appealing and let me know which one.
Come to think of it bottled wine would be a bad idea for the crossing. If wine is the choice black box cab sav it will have to be.

Rod5

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
Come to think of it bottled wine would be a bad idea for the crossing. If wine is the choice black box cab sav it will have to be.
Box wine is great because it is durable, has a grab and go handle, and has moving parts within a spigot!

D3nN1s

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
@D3nN1s any chance you’re out of Dredge Harbor? My boat is on the rack there!
When are you driving down?
I live like 2 minutes from Dredge. We will usually go to their restaurant every once and a while, but we keep ours on the trailer. Were almost 50/50 for River or Barneget Bay, but when we put in the river we usually use Hawk Island Marina's ramp. Right now were planning on leaving Thursday night and stopping in Savannah GA for Friday, found a Plantation style house that's a B&B with plenty of parking... Then make our way to Ft. Lauderdale from there... Cant believe how fast this came up... So excited...

D3nN1s

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
Yea we are about the same, its going to be hard enough to pack light on our 19ft, LOL, not sure what we could bring for the Pot Luck and don't want to mooch either... If there is something I can do to help let me know, it does sound fun

newbote

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
For those of you that took the ferry last year were they particular about the dimensions of the Carry-ons? When looking at the FRS site the dimensions they have are less then a STD carry-on. Was curious if anyone had an issue with this in years past.

Mainah

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
For those not following the June thread it would seem that the slip cost in Bimini is about 30% more than estimated and about double two years ago. Be prepared to pay $72 per day with tax included and remember the popular acronym BOAT (Break Out Another Thousand) when planing on how much cash to bring.

AbuAyd

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Glastron
Year
Boat Model
GT
Boat Length
For those of you that took the ferry last year were they particular about the dimensions of the Carry-ons? When looking at the FRS site the dimensions they have are less then a STD carry-on. Was curious if anyone had an issue with this in years past.
Great question @newbote we we’re wondering the same thing. We called but did not confirm the dimensions. We did confirm that adults can take a purse/handbag with the carry on but not the children. We are planning to call again and confirm the dimensions. How many people do you have taking the ferry. I have my wife and two of the girls taking the ferry while we cross with the boat. Did you arrange transportation to Miami?

AbuAyd

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Glastron
Year
Boat Model
GT
Boat Length
For those not following the June thread it would seem that the slip cost in Bimini is about 30% more than estimated and about double two years ago. Be prepared to pay $72 per day with tax included and remember the popular acronym BOAT (Break Out Another Thousand) when planing on how much cash to bring.
Can we share slips as was suggested on the June group forum?

newbote

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Great question @newbote we we’re wondering the same thing. We called but did not confirm the dimensions. We did confirm that adults can take a purse/handbag with the carry on but not the children. We are planning to call again and confirm the dimensions. How many people do you have taking the ferry. I have my wife and two of the girls taking the ferry while we cross with the boat. Did you arrange transportation to Miami?
There will be 7 of them taking the ferry. Tha plan is to have them just Uber down there

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Can we share slips as was suggested on the June group forum?
Looks like they were charged $2.25 per foot for a 30’ minimum + 7.5% tax.

I was told that slips would be $50 per vessel per day which is the same as last year.

I expect they will want the per vessel fee and not be willing to discount if two vessels share a slip.

Unfortunately condo rentals and the marina (slips & fuel) are run by separate companies.

There is a third company that is repsonsible for outdoor maintance, the pools, etc that is being replaced on Monday. The announcement of the replacement and a job fair has had staff leaving for new jobs.

The marina operators stopped communicating when I was asking about fuel avaialability earlier this week. I will enquire about slips but expect they will be non responsive.

There is turmoil over there with different people controlling different parts of the resort.

I hope it will be better when we arrive but can not predict what will happen.

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
The first forecast for our crossing.

Looks ok to me.

3C3A4086-CCD8-48C8-A742-C4F0CE7EA2D8.png

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
So fair warning to the July group make sure your clean out plugs are in good working order. The coast off Ft Lauderdale looks like a mine field with seaweed and stuff floating even as far as 15 miles out. It was worse then I ever have seen also the bugs were way worse then either of my prior trips make sure to have bug spray around you as once it starts to cool off they begin to attack. We had a great trip and great weather I hope you guys have the same great fortune.

Betik

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
In regard to the ferry, anything larger that a backpack you will have to pay. You need to think of it like Spirit airlines , if you cannot fit underneath the front seat you need to pay for it.

How many people in total are going to the take the ferry ? Are y’all taking the Monday 6am?

newbote

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
In regard to the ferry, anything larger that a backpack you will have to pay. You need to think of it like Spirit airlines , if you cannot fit underneath the front seat you need to pay for it.

How many people in total are going to the take the ferry ? Are y’all taking the Monday 6am?
There will be 7 and I think the only ferry leaves at 9:00 am. Is it really that strict? I was surprised they don’t allow normal carry on sized luggage

Berrie

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Monterey
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Forecast is improving, down to 1' waves, but the wind will go up to 16mph around lunchtime.