• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

JetBoaters.net Bimini Fling July 9th to 14th 2018

Ramblin Wreck

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Seems like the Saturday group is in pretty good communication already. For you Sunday crossers I would highly recommend setting up a time Saturday evening to meet, discuss departure times, breaking into smaller groups if needed, communication expectation Sunday morning to ensure all are up and running, what boats have what gear in case you do decide to segment, who's going to take the lead, etc. If everyone is on the same page it sure makes the group crossing so much easier and doesn't cause any undue last minute stress or frustration.
To add, it's been mentioned before (Andy or Bruce I believe) but if you're dropping in at Harbor Town Saturday and going over to Bahia Mar, the lobby in there small building works great for a quick captains meeting (arrow below). Baha Mar has 2 buildings with rooms and the slip check in is actually facing the waterway (just to the left of this picture). You'll want to pull up to the marina office, get your slip assigned, and then you can check into the hotel at the tall building. Also, I would make sure to top off fuel Saturday so you don't have to worry about that Sunday morning. Bahia Mar has fuel and I was just told they would be open this weekend.

upload_2018-7-6_10-45-48.png

Last edited:

Wisefam22

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I thought for sure @Betik would join @Rod5 and help captain those on Sunday over. Seems like a perfect job for @Betik. With the separate departure dates providing limited size of groups, I think y'all will realize an unplanned benefit. It's easy to count and watch out for 3 or 4 boats. It's can be tough to manage once the group sizes get larger. I would highly suggest for any first timers to get of wide of the boat(s) your going with and do not ride directly behind them. I would do this immediately out of the inlet. I believe you'll realize much more predictable seas and you want be fighting their wake along with whatever the stream throws at you.
The bottom part about not being behind a boat is great advice. I followed mainah when had to behind his wake on trip to hilton head the jet wash over the top slows you down some and burns more fuel as well as making waves/wakes interesting.

Last edited:

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@robert843, thank you for organizing a list of who is crossing when.

I will plan to have a captains meeting on Monday evening for anyone planning to join my family for a Tuesday crossing.

I expect Saturday to have the best crossing conditions followed by Tuesday with the second best. I would encourage anyone who can to cross Saturday. There is limited lodging in Bimini on Saturday but there are three 2 bed loft condos available that I hope people will share.

I will bring the maps, stickers and shirts. Thanks to Mrs. @Ramblin Wreck for the shirts and @robert843 for the stickers. I will distribute what I can in Fort Lauderdale and the rest in Bimini.

Bruce

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
The Bimini Sands fuel dock was restocked on Wednesday. So we should not experience fuel issues.

Rod5

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
To add, it's been mentioned before (Andy or Bruce I believe) but if you're dropping in at Harbor Town Saturday and going over to Bahia Mar, the lobby in there small building works great for a quick captains meeting (arrow below). Baha Mar has 2 building with rooms and the slip check in is actually facing the waterway (just to the left of this picture). You'll want to pull up to the marina office, get your slip assigned, and then you can check into the hotel at the tall building. Also, I would make sure to top off fuel Saturday so you don't have to worry about that Sunday morning. Bahia Mar has fuel and I was just told they would be open this weekend.

View attachment 78328
Thank you @Ramblin Wreck!
Let take his suggested location for our Saturday evening captains meeting for those wanting to cross on Sunday morning.
My mobile # is 865 659-5551

DieselCamel

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
World Cat
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
All this excitement. Makes me want to hitch up my boat and go again. The excitement of the crossing and the unknown is what makes this trip for me.

Betik

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
45 minutes west of Jacksonville and heading for savanah ga to meet with waterman.
Unless we have an accident @Water Girl boat will be at Bahia mar tomorrow by 8am.

@robert843 i am fairly possible that speedling wanted to shoot for Saturday

Ramblin Wreck

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
All this excitement. Makes me want to hitch up my boat and go again. The excitement of the crossing and the unknown is what makes this trip for me.
That's exactly what happened to me last year. We get back from Abacos, a week or so later @1948Isaac ask if any was interested in joining the Bimini trip as well, and trailering down we went again. I've yet to regret going that's for sure.

Water Girl

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
45 minutes west of Jacksonville and heading for savanah ga to meet with waterman.
Unless we have an accident @Water Girl boat will be at Bahia mar tomorrow by 8am.

@robert843 i am fairly possible that speedling wanted to shoot for Saturday
Thanks @Betik for taking care of water man. I feel helpless right now. No idea how he will get to food shop too ugh.

ThatJeepGirl

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
That's exactly what happened to me last year. We get back from Abacos, a week or so later @1948Isaac ask if any was interested in joining the Bimini trip as well, and trailering down we went again. I've yet to regret going that's for sure.
@ThatJeepGuy :winkingthumbsup"

Bruce

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@DieselCamel, @Ramblin Wreck, @ThatJeepGuy I believe that a 1 bed ocean view remains available at Bimini Sands and several cottages are available at Big Game Club.

There are plenty of opportunities to cross. Even Monday if you want an adventure.

Amar Nanduri

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Challenger
Boat Length
You have 2 x 2015+ AR240 from PA & NJ trying to Make it for Saturday morning crossing. @Water Girl minions ( Brian and I ) are heading that way too. I have @Mainah cell in case we arrive last minute.
I am glad most of the group is thinking of a saturday crossing. Good luck on the crossing guys. I will stay rooted to the laptop and track tour crossing. Safe travels.

DieselCamel

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
World Cat
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length

ThatJeepGirl

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@DieselCamel, @Ramblin Wreck, @ThatJeepGuy I believe that a 1 bed ocean view remains available at Bimini Sands and several cottages are available at Big Game Club.

There are plenty of opportunities to cross. Even Monday if you want an adventure.
If I could get the time off I would be there.
I’m pretty sure that would be our only issue as well... @ThatJeepGuy mist work.

Although, I keep hearing about how you all have to work...productivity must be DOWN this week lol.