• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

JetBoaters.net Bimini Fling July 9th to 14th 2018

Screennameinuse

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Sunday is looking to be a good day to cross. :) any news on tonight's meeting? We're driving in now. Should be in around 7

Betik

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@Bruce are you sure that is the forecast for today ?

Water Girl

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Good luck today crossing everyone. I know “Chooch” will be watching over her boat in the lead today.
So sad I’m not crossing with everyone. @Betik
Get water man, my boat, and everyone today over there in one piece (no pressure) haha!
May Calm seas lead the way!

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Sunday is looking to be a good day to cross. :) any news on tonight's meeting? We're driving in now. Should be in around 7
Sunday is looking better than it did. You should expect tightly packed 2 footers with the tide exiting Port Everglades crashing into the waves creating extra excitement in that area.

SailFlow has winds of less than 10 mph for Sunday both Windy and Windfinder have the wind above 10. My experience is that 15 mph winds will make the crossing choppy and rough.

The boats that rushed to cross today should have a fairly pleasant crossing. The boats crossing on Sunday will earn their time in Bimini.

zedxmike

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Sunday is looking better than it did. You should expect tightly packed 2 footers with the tide exiting Port Everglades crashing into the waves creating extra excitement in that area.

SailFlow has winds of less than 10 mph for Sunday both Windy and Windfinder have the wind above 10. My experience is that 15 mph winds will make the crossing choppy and rough.

The boats that rushed to cross today should have a fairly pleasant crossing. The boats crossing on Sunday will earn their time in Bimini.
Bruce,

Sorry for the late response but due to conflicting schedules we have just finalized that we will be leaving Monday morning. I will be traveling with 2 other boats of friends I know that will be going to Bimini as well.

Thanks Mike

zedxmike

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
We ended up rebooking our new room through Airbnb privately. I also called the Dock master and they told me that my original slip reservation was still good. Finger crossed on that. My confidence level is pretty low with these people.

Bruce

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
We ended up rebooking our new room through Airbnb privately. I also called the Dock master and they told me that my original slip reservation was still good. Finger crossed on that. My confidence level is pretty low with these people.
Mike,

Which unit did you rebook through Airbnb?

Do you have an inReach that we can follow?

Are those other boats Yamahas or something built for this crossing?

Bruce

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@Amar Nanduri, unfortunately Berrie had engine troubles. I do not believe that he is crossing.

@AbuAyd posted a link to his tracker a few pages back.

zedxmike

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Mike,

Which unit did you rebook through Airbnb?

Do you have an inReach that we can follow?

Are those other boats Yamahas or something built for this crossing?
Bruce

I do have an Inreach. I will let you know that info. I am crossing with 2 other boats. One is a 24 ft center console and the second is a 36 ft center console.

Bruce

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@zedxmike, if you rebooked 14H my understanding is that it is not available to rent through any method.

These condos were pulled out of rental service.

4M/ 5F/ 5H/ 7C/ 7L/ 7R/ 13D/ 14B/ 14D/ 14E/ 14F/ 14G/ 14H/ 14I/ 14J/ 14K/ 16A/ 17E/ 17F