• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

JetBoaters.net Bimini Fling June 19 to 25 2016

ArmyChief

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Regarding the nagging wife/passenger, just give them a good life jacket and toss them overboard. One of the benefits of travelling in a group is that someone behind you will rescue them.[/USER]
Oh yea..that will work :)

Ramblin Wreck

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Good stuff @MrMoose as we've always enjoyed your videos. That's quite a range in music selection :)

I'm curious as to how many hours did you put on your boat during the trip?

veedubtek

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scout
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
We were discussing that last night also. Pretty sure we logged about 22 hours on mine. Robert was thinking around the same on his skis

MrMoose

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Good stuff @MrMoose as we've always enjoyed your videos. That's quite a range in music selection :)

I'm curious as to how many hours did you put on your boat during the trip?
I'd say that I put at least 20 hrs on the boat during the Bimini trip. Adding music to the videos is lots of fun, when I get a chance to do it. I had to buy the censored version of "I'm on a boat" to make the video more appropriate. Check out the original video by Lonely Island... It's entertaining.

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I'd say that I put at least 20 hrs on the boat during the Bimini trip. Adding music to the videos is lots of fun, when I get a chance to do it. I had to buy the censored version of "I'm on a boat" to make the video more appropriate. Check out the original video by Lonely Island... It's entertaining.
@MrMoose I have not watched your video yet as I just got home from the lake house but its funny you mention that song I have been quietly contemplating making a jetboaters version of that music video while in the Bahamas this year if I can get a few other members to participate @Ramblin Wreck @andy07sx230ho @1948Isaac @JROD

MrMoose

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@MrMoose I have not watched your video yet as I just got home from the lake house but its funny you mention that song I have been quietly contemplating making a jetboaters version of that music video while in the Bahamas this year if I can get a few other members to participate @Ramblin Wreck @andy07sx230ho @1948Isaac @JROD
Let's make the video at Honeymoon Harbour! It'll be priceless!

JROD

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Jet Ski
Boat Length
PWC
Getting excited... June is almost here.
I managed to distill last year's Bimini videos down to less than 12 minutes.

AWESOME video! Makes me want to go now!

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Speaking with Doug (@ArmyChief) he highly recommends that every boat going to Bimini have a fixed VHF radio with an antenna mounted as high as possible.

This is not something that I would state as a requirement but he is correct that in an emergency you would want to have the best and longest range communications possible.

ArmyChief

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Well, they'll be a lot less beer in Bimini this year :)

In all seriousness, I'm happy to hear you're doing better @ArmyChief . I bet you had Tammy worried to death.
Both Tammy & Brandon were first very shocked...then worried. As the doctor said, "I'm not the typical patient to have a heart attack".

Last edited:

ArmyChief

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Speaking with Doug (@ArmyChief) he highly recommends that every boat going to Bimini have a fixed VHF radio with an antenna mounted as high as possible.

This is not something that I would state as a requirement but he is correct that in an emergency you would want to have the best and longest range communications possible.
Absolutely!!!. Commo is my field...plus, I saw the issues during last years trip with not only people with handhelds..but some even with fixed VHF with NO EXTERNAL SPEAKER.

First, the hand held just don't have the range. Everyone here should know stated ranges on the box are in PRIME conditions. Weather, cloud cover, humidity, flat surface line-of-sight (LOS). We had a few hand held users last year that lost complete contact with boats. Or they could here someone (that person had a fixed BHF), but the other person could not hear them.

Second, when your on plane with waves crashing...that fixed VHF you mounted down under the dash with its small built-in speaker will not be loud enough to hear/understand speech. I bought a remote AMPLIFIED marine speaker and mounted it to a powerful suction cup to mount on the side quarter glass right above my throttle/shifter assembly. Worked perfectly. My antenna mount is also posted here on the forum.

http://www.amazon.com/Woods-Rubber-Suction-Polycarbonate-Accessory/dp/B00BMDY30C?ie=UTF8&psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_search_detailpage

Last edited:

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Now I want pizza!!
The pizza is awesome, especially the seafood pizza. We spent our last night in Bimini at Mackey's enjoying the pizza last year.

image.jpeg

We started off with some appetizers.

image.jpeg

Then the amazing pizza.

image.jpeg

Perhaps a little too much rum punch but it is so hard to say goodbye to Bimini!

image.jpeg

Gavin had some more when we got back to the condo. We had the rest for lunch in Fort Lauderdale.

image.jpeg

Here is the menu

image.jpeg